- I'll Never Leave Your Side -

*Any other ships besides "Crepic (Cross x Epic) will NOT be a main ship, they are just for mentions, I'm a multishipper. The other ships are not important to this story*

NON OF THIS IS CANON

||||| Epic : 22 ||||| Cross : 25 ||||| Error : 23 |||| Sci : 20 ||||

Epic POV

Ah, damn. My head hurts. Not quite as bad as it was before, but, it still hurt. I forced my eyes open and glanced around. I was at Sci's place as far as I could tell. I couldn't remember much.

I certainly could not remember getting here, that was for sure. But, I could remember Sci and Cross...

Cross. Where was Cross?

I jolted a bit when I left a hand on my face, I turned to look at them. Cross looked worn out, tired, but he had a smile on his face.

"You're awake." He says, "God. I was so worried about you."

I frown, "I'm sorry," I said. My voice was quieter than normal, much quieter. "How long was I asleep...?"

"How long? Four days." Sci answers, from the doorway, "It's a good thing you're awake though. Cross would've lost his mind if you were asleep any longer. Speaking of which, Cross, you have to tell him what happened. Or I will."

"What? What do you mean what happened?" I ask Cross.

Cross stayed quiet.

"Cross...you can tell me anything, you know that?"

I noticed he was wearing my jacket, pulling at the sleeves. I looked at him, tears were in his eyes. He was scared...? Of what, though? I know he's not scared of me...so what is it?

"I had a nightmare. Those don't usually bother me, but, this one was so...realistic and it bothers me, so, I need you to make a promise to me."

". . ." I'm silent for a moment. "Tell me what happened in this nightmare."

"Ink was there- Actually, so was Killer. Everyone was there, I think, but, those two stood out the most. Ink told me to go find you, we were in a field, a battlefield, and I went to go find you. You stood among the field. And when I found you...you were injured..."

". . ."

"An unrecoverable injury. You would die. I- Y- You died..."

I was shocked. I died? I died? In his nightmare?

I frowned, "Cross."

"Y-Yeah?"

"Look at me," I tell him.

He hesitantly looked up at me.

"Cross. I promise..."

"Promise?"

"No matter where I go. No matter where you are. I'll never leave your side. You will never be alone. I promise you that, Cross," I say, smiling at him.