The Beginning of the End

Peter's POV

I stand on my old wooden chair Alex's mom got me a few years back while I examined my house.The First house and only house I have ever bought. The house I saw Alex grow up in. The house I raised Alex in. I look around and my vision starts getting blurry as tears well up in my eyes.I quickly shut them as I move my foot off the chair.

¨I'll see you on the other side my dear cousin¨

I feel the rope scratch against my neck as I just hang. I am losing life. I can feel it leave my body. Soon I will just be a lifeless body just hanging here. I have lost all hope of having a happy life. I mean I lost that a long time ago.

*flashback*

¨Peter dear Wake up it your birthday¨ I hear my aunt yell excitingly

Today is my 14th birthday and I'm going out with my Aunt. She has always been more of a mom than me though.

¨Coming Aunty¨ I was so excited I never really celebrated my birthday so this is great, I walk down stairs and see my best friend. My cousin James is my best friend. My second best friend is Alex. Me and James have more in common though.

I see decorations and Balloons everywhere And i see my cake it says 'Happy Birthday Peter ,One day you will blow us all away'

¨We love you Peter.¨ They yell in unison I never want this moment to end.

*flashback over*

You see life was happy until she died. She left without telling me what to do. She left without saying goodbye. She just went to sleep and never woke up. Life started getting hard but we were making it through. . . . . . . . Until James left too.

The water got too high during the hurricane and just like all of the land in Nevis. He was gone. I had nothing of him but I remember what we used to do. Drink. "Let's have another round tonight"

He used to sing that when we drank. That was all i had left so that's all i started doing. I tried raising Alex by myself but it got hard . So now I'm giving up.

I was knocked out of my trance when everything went black and I slowly slipped out of consciousness. I was nothing. But now I get to go to the other side. I wrote Alex a letter earlier. I know how much he loves writing because he does it non stop , so i wrote him something.

Alex

By the time you read this you have already found me. I'm sorry I had to leave you so soon but it's for the best. Know this isn't your fault. With everything going on from James dying in the hurricane and Your moms passing it got too much so I started drinking. If it's the last thing I ever do I want you to know I love you. I always have and always will. I'm sorry i don't have much to give you but everything is yours. None of this is your fault. Don't ever think that! I'm sorry that I couldn't be better for you but I tried. I tried to be enough for you but now I see you will be better without me. I will always be with you even if I'm not on the ground. You're the best cousin and you can do great things so don't give up like I did. Be happy and live the life I couldn't give you. Never forget how much I loved you.

See you on the other side.

Peter

Well now it's my time. Till we meet again.