Chapter 1 ~ Fading Faith

Author's note : Hi! This is my first fanfiction, and for this first chapter, my first time doing first person! I'll try my best! Thanks to whoever reads this. Now on with the fanfiction. Also, normal now day society, so no demons. Also, sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, because I'm usually typing this on my phone, and I'm always in a dark room, (It makes my eyes feel better) and I can't really type on a phone, so please excuse any mistakes.

--Ray POV--

I looked out the Windows of the school, sighing as class went on. "Ray!" I heard my teacher yell. "What?" I'd yell back. "Say hi to our new student, Emma!" He exclaimed, looking down at Ray. I groaned as I stood up, and walked to the front. She held out her hand, smiling. "Hi I'm Emma, though you already know that, huh?" She laughed. It was so annoying. "Tsk . . ." I scoffed, walking back to my desk. She seemed very nice. I hate it. Soft people have no place in this world. . .

-------Emma POV-------

I'd start to pack up my things as class was about to end. "Hey? Your Emma, right?" A boy with white short hair asked, smiling as he looked at her. "Yeah!! Who are you?" I asked, looking at him. "I'm Norman. Wanna be friends?" He asked, holding out his hand. "Yeah!" I exclaimed, jumping up. "Great! If you have any questions, you can ask me." He said, helping me pack up. "Hey, who is that nlaxk haired kid who sits in the middle row?" I asked, slinging my backpack onto my shoulders.

"Oh . . . Uh, I think his name Ray, or something along those lines." Norman muttered, looking at this, 'Ray' child, who looked like an e-boy. He had his earbuds in, looking out the window. "We should be his friend!" I shouted, walking towards him. "That's going to be very hard to do." Norman sighed, running behind me. "Hey!" I Shouted waving my hands around as I ran towards him. He stopped walking and turned around and looked at me. "Do you wanna be friends?" I asked, hoping I didn't look scary. He glared at me and turned around, then kept walking. "Hey? Did you listen to me?" I asked, running after him. DAANNGG he runs fast! I thought, as I finally caught up to him. I grabbed his shoulder and forced him to turn around. It was so odd how he was so weak. Well not in a rude way, but his body was built very oddly, to where he was frail.

"Do you want to be my friend? Also, why do you seem so alone? Do you have friends? WHERE ARE YOUR FRIENDS????" I asked, my tone rising as I shook him back and forth. "Emma-- I wouldn't do that-" Norman said, walking up to me. "Hello, uh-- you know me, but Emma is new here!" Norman exclaimed, much calmer than I am. "What do you take me for, and idiot? Get lost, albino boy and you weird crazy ginger." The raven haired boy scoffed, walking away. I turned around and looked at Norman. "You were right. This is going to be very hard."

~~~~Norman POV~~~~

"How long have you known him?" Emma asked me as we walked to our neighbourhood. "Uh, a long time. For as long as I can remember!" I replied, looking at her. "Oh. Has he always been that much of a jerk?" She asked, starting to skip along the sidewalk. "No, not always. It started when he was in kindergarten. He used to be really nice! We used to be great friends."

"Used to be?"

"Then, one day, he was absent. Then the next day, he came, but didn't talk to anybody. And when he did, he was pretty nasty, like you've seen." I sighed. "Oh. Well, if he means to get people to get away from him, it works."Emma said flatly, as she stopped skipping. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, looking at the sky. "His words hurt. I mean, I know he didn't say much, but they still hurt." She said, a frown on her face. Soon she smiled again as she exclaimed, "That's why we need to help him! He must be going through a lot!" She said, skipping once more. "Sounds like a plan. I smiled, skipping along with her. Emma opened her mouth to do what she did best ; talk. "Hey, do you remember what turn he took while walking?"

~~~~~~Ray POV~~~~~~

"Look what we have here." The taller boy taunted, holding my book. I should remember their names, they get in the way all the time, but I shouldn't even bother with them. "It's a book." I said, in the same taunting tone right back at him. "Don't give me sass." He yelled, punching me across the face. "Well son't ask stupid questions!" I yelled back, attempting to punch him, but he's so freakishly tall, so I couldn't really do anything that hurt much. "Aww, poor little daddy issues boy." The boy mock whined, bending down to match my short height. "At least I have a dad!" I yelled, a smirk spreading across my face. The taller boy stopped for a moment, then knocked me onto the pavement. I felt pain as I hit it, my small body crashing against the cement. I felt tears come to my eyes. Don't cry don't cry please please please don't cry! I thought, standing up, though very slowly as my whole body ached. Wait, were in a neighborhood, how come nobody has come out yet? And how did he even get my book in the first place? I decided to go to the last resort.

Kicking him in the kneecaps.

He screamed, as I grabbed my book and ran. If there's one thing you should know in this town among the kids, it's that the kneecaps are last resort ONLY. I kept on running, my arms a small bit bloody from falling. "Hey, are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice say. "Albino boy?" I asked, looking at him. I swear I need to stop calling him that. But I mean, his hair is white, and so are his eyebrows . . . . "Why are your arms so . . .?" he asked, looking at me up and down.

"Long story." I painted, catching my breath. Woah, this is the most I've talked to anybody. How do I keep the conversation going? Does he even want to talk to me? I bet not. I started to walk away, because I am not hanging out with these losers. And I swear Norman is gay. His haircut, his eyes, his clothes, his fashion sense, everything about him. Wait, does that make me gay for knowing that? Well, either way, I'm not hanging around to find out. "Wait! You need some band aids!" Emma exclaimed, running to me. "Uh, no." I said, turning around and walking off. Not like anybody cared if I was hurt anyway. I thought, putting on my headphones and listened to Black Veil Brides. As I walked up to the house that I had never thought of as home, I walked in. "Hello, Ray!" Luna said, smiling as she cooked. "Hi mom . . " I sighed. She wasn't my real mom, but she wanted me to call her that. I was their foster child, and I swear they annoy me all the time. Inviting kids in the neighborhood over, constantly having parties, always loud, I hate it. Though I do feel bad for Luna, so I try to call her mom to make her feel better, out of pity. She already has other children, but went out of her way to take care of me too, so I try to go out of my way to respect her.

Though the children she had, uh, no. They are way too cheerful. "Could you tell Sara, Jhon, and Leia to tell them that dinner is ready?" She asked, a grin on her, as always. "Yeah, sure." I sighed, walking up the stairs to the rooms. "Luna, Sara, Jhon, Lily, Dinners ready." I yelled, knocking the two doors. Me and John had to share a room, to save space. And Leia and Sara shared a room, to also save more space. "Coming!" Leia shouted, running past be, accidentally tripping me, because she was far too nice to be like that. The rest of them walked past me as I got up. Leia had long, black hair, and tan skin like her mom. Sara was lightly tan, with blonde hair, and green eyes. John looked a lot like peeta for the hunger games, but shorter. They were all about 13, 14, though I was only 12, so that made me the youngest. As we all sat down for dinner, we did a prayer and then ate.

They all were talking, though I was silent, as always. "Hey Ray, do you have a crush?" Sara asked, leaning towards me. "Oh my lord, no. Back off sara." I scoffed, shoving a spoonful of mashed potatoes into my mouth. "Yeesh, don't be so rude." She scoffed back, flicking my forehead. "Would you stop?" I asked, slightly shoving her away. "It wasn't my fault!" She yelled, putting her hands over her heart, acting hurt. "Uh, it kinda is" Leia grinned, eating her food. "SHHHH!!!" Sara said, spitting over her food. "Uh, ew, I think I lost my appetite. The food was great though!" I said, excusing myself from the table.

I walked up to my room, and plopped down onto my bed. That's when I thought of the worst thing possible in my small world. What if ablino boy and crazy ginger do this every day, for the rest of my days, until I give in.