Couples Who Bake Together, Stay Together- F.M.

finn mikaelson x female!reader

this is a part two to 'Coffee Shop Au', this is also a requested part 2

warning: a small 😏 moment (if you blink it's not there.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) groaned when she heard her phone ring twice. She sat up in her bed and grabbed her phone from the charger. She saw two text messages, one made her smile while the other one brought her sprints down.

from- Finn ❤️: good morning darling. i hope you have a wonderful day at work!

I guess you are wondering how Finn and (Y/N) started talking. Well, he did see her number on the cup, and if he was being honest he thought she was really cute, shuttering and saying her thoughts out loud. So he decided to take a risk and text her, and she texted him back. Then they went on a date, to get coffee. Then they went on a few more. And now they are offically dating.

from- Boss: Sophie has the flu, she's out today. can you cover as baker today? please respond asap

(Y/N) took her time writing a text to her beloved before answering her boss.

to- Finn ❤️: good morning! i hope you have a splendid day love! xoxo

to- Boss: i guess i can cover...

(Y/N) was confused why her boss was asking her to cover as a baker for the day. When she bakes she only uses cheap box mixes, and then ends up burning them.

She rolled out of bed with a groan, feet hitting the cold wood floor of her apartment. Even though it wasn't a skyscraper penthouse like her boyfriend's house was, this place has been her home for over 4 years. She got ready for work, putting on her usually attire. A plain black tee with jeans. She didn't put much thought into what she wore to work, seeing as it would be covered up by a dingy brown stained apron.

Walking through the door of the coffee shop, she took a mintues to breathe before clocking in. Hoping today would be easy, taking a few deep breathes she clocked in.

This is not easy.

She cursed for what felt like the one thousandth time today. It was easy to say that (Y/N) (L/N) was not a baker. She knew that the smell of burnt pastries, and cakes were turning away many customers, all but one it seems.

When Finn walked into the coffee shop, he did not expect to smell burnt danish. He was also surprised to not see his beautiful girlfriend at the counter, ready to take his order.

This was their routine since the first day Finn walked into the shop, even on the days where Finn wasn't working. He would always come in when (Y/N) was working and order a black coffee.

The mystery of her location was quickly solved when she emerged from the back, through the doors of the kitchen. Flour dusted her hair and clothes, making her black shirt, even though it was partly covered by the apron, a deep grey.

Finn couldn't help but chuckle at her current predicament. She looked up from placing the pastries in the cabinet to see her boyfriend laughing. She put the tray down and placed her hands on her hips.

"What are you laughing at mister?"

She walked over to him, standing almost eye-to-eye, though separated by the counter between them.

"You have a little flour, well? Everywhere darling." hand creating a small circle, showing her that she did indeed have flour everywhere.

"Well, I can't help it if I can't bake!" She threw her hands in the air, tired, even though it has only been a couple hours since she started.

"You are in luck, I can bake. Certainly better than you."

"Then why don't you come over to help me?" (Y/N) did not really think that he would, but he walked over the the gate and pushed it aside. Walking through and grabbing a dingy brown apron matching (Y/N)'s.

"Let's get started!" He clapped his hands together, walking through the doors of the kitchen, leaving (Y/N) behind in the cafe. She shook her head with a smile, running in to help her boyfriend.

It only took them (mostly Finn) to complete the pastries and cakes.

Finn put the last chocolate cake into the oven, dusting off the remaining flour off our his hands.

"How do you do it so fast?" (Y/N) watched him for the most part, mixing, preparing, and baking the intricate baked goods. He made them without a flaw.

"My mother put all of my siblings in cooking classes when we were of age, though Father didn't like that much. He thought it was too girlish."

(Y/N) jumped off the metal table and made her way over to her charming boyfriend.

"I think it was amazing love. How will I ever repay you?" She cupped his face, looking into his eyes with such love.

"Well there is a few things you can do," Finn said with a smirk, making (Y/N)'s cheeks burn, "but you can start with dinner first."

"You know we are going to order take out right? Even though I am a slightly better cook than baker, that really doesn't say anything."

They both laughed, knowing that was true.