Chapter 6 - 1st Mission Vol.3

A/n's POV:

Those who were on the mission drank at the bar. Violet, sat near John. She wishes that one day, she would have a father, again. She wanted to open up to John if he's willing to listen, but she also feared being rejected again.

Violet's POV:

It's been a few days since my last kill. I really need it, I can feel my body weaken but I know I'm still strong enough to fight. Good thing I have my dagger with me. (picture above)

I just stayed silent. I was hoping John would talk first, I just didn't know how to start a conversation though I have lived for so long.

Ray gave a kinda boring speech, I suppose. They were all getting kind of drunk. 'they are superheroes but have really low alcohol tolerance.' I was in Peace until John asked a question that made my heart skip a beat. I tried to maintain my composure to avoid any suspensions.

John: "Anyone has big life changes they wanna reveal?"

Mick: "I got a kid.

Ray: "Wha--"

Mick: "Been trying to ignore her, but I... Can't stop thinking about her."

Violet: "At least your thinking about her." I said trying not to show a sad face. Charlie looked at me.

Charlie: "Let go of the grudges."

I ignored her, but her words are already in my head.

Ray: "Aw. It's a good thing, Mick."

John: "It's called love."

Violet: "I'm surprised you know that word even if it's not in your vocabulary." I murmured.

Nate: "Wow, let's keep this share-fest going. All right? Who's next?"

As expected, they all looked at me.

Violet: "Ask away... Just don't get too personal."

Nate: "Wait, any questions?"

Violet: "Did I stutter or are you deaf?"

Nate: "Geez, sorry."

Ray: "I got a question. But first, how old are you?"

I tried to remember my age, I was about to say a few million years but realized that they, included John, don't know I time traveled.

Violet: "19"

Ray: "Okay. Have you had your first kiss?"

I was expecting to hit a nerve of John's just like any father would after their daughter kisses someone.

Violet: "Yes."

Ray: "Who?"

Violet: "We never got to have our first date. He died because of a demon...his name was Kyle."

Behrad: "Sorry to hear about that."

*mini time skip*

John: "... I mean, it's the Loom of Fate. All right, once e we piece it all together, we'll rewrite Astra's Life. And I'm telling you all, this is gonna be worth it."

John's POV:

I felt another entity. I can feel it watching us. I looked at Violet and I immediately knew something was there. She also felt the thing watching us.

I looked behind us.

John: "Who's there?"

Violet: "Atra..." she whispered to herself.