A Spoon Full Of Sugar

Your eyes opened slowly and immediately you could tell that something was wrong. A lot groan left your mouth as you registered the soreness in your throat and the pounding in your head, your immediate reaction was to curl up in a ball and wrap the blanket tightly around yourself, hoping to somehow block out how uncomfortable you felt.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" A voice grumbled that you soon realized was Shouto, your husband. You just groaned in response, curling in on yourself even more. You felt a hand rub your back gently before pulling the blanket away from your face, a cool hand pressing against your forehead. You heard a soft sigh "I think you have a fever love." He said, pressing a gentle kiss to your temple.

He chuckled softly at the pout on your lips "nooo" you whined as you pulled the blanket up to your chin. "I'll go get you some medicine, don't move okay?" He said in a stern tone knowing full well that you would try to get up and go about your day normally being the stubborn person you are. 'Thank god for days off' you thought to yourself as you watched him leave the room, your eyes shamelessly trailing across his body as he left.

It didn't take long for him to come back, medicine in one hand and water in the other. You smiled thankfully at him as he set the water on the bedside table and poured some medicine onto a spoon, sitting on the bed "you should've gotten a spoon full of sugar as well" you joked, laughing weakly. Shouto tilted his head slightly in confusion, successfully looking like a puppy. "Oh it's from a movie called Mary poppins, it has a nanny who is kinda magical and while she's giving the kids their medicine she sings a song about how the sugar helps the medicine go down- oh never mind" you cut yourself off, seeing him get more and more confused at your explanation.

Shouto just raises an eyebrow at you before laughing softly "I think being sick is making you say weird things" he says playfully, you go to respond but are cut off by him telling you to open your mouth. You huff softly but obey, letting him give you the medicine despite the fact that you could've done it yourself, not that you're complaining. You make a sour face at the taste of the medicine before quickly grabbing the water from the bedside table and taking a couple gulps, successfully getting rid of the taste as well as relieving your dry throat.

"Thank you Shouto" you say softly and he simply smiles at you, setting the medicine on the side table "not a problem love" he replies before checking his watch. "I have to go to work, promise you'll take the medicine again in a couple hours?" He asks, gently running his fingers through your hair. You hum quietly, letting him know that you would indeed take the medicine later "Do you have to go?" You ask defeatedly, humming in content at the feeling of his fingers playing with your hair.

"I do, I'm sorry Love. I'll come home as soon as I get off, I promise" he says smiling down at you, you nod your head whispering a quiet "okay". Shouto brushes his thumb over your cheek, opting to kiss your forehead instead of your lips because him getting sick as well definitely wouldn't be helpful "I'll see your later, I love you (Y/N)" he says, his voice filled with nothing but pure adoration. "I love you too Shouto" you reply as he gets up from the bed, tucking you in gently before heading towards the bedroom door, turning around one more time to say goodbye before leaving.

Well, if being sick meant that Shouto was always that soft with you, then maybe you should get sick more often....
ꨄఌꨄఌꨄఌꨄఌꨄఌꨄఌ
I write this off the top of my head and did not spell check so uh, hopefully it's not too bad.
Hope y'all liked it!