↦ 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐬

𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓
requested by kierantierneys
i hope you enjoy this! :)

'how are you feeling?' 𝐩𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭's best friend 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐳𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝 asked, 'it's been four months today.'

'i know.' piper responded slowly, 'i guess i feel...happy.'
'but...?' annabelle asked. she knew her friend better than to just accept that answer.

'i just can't stop thinking about him.' piper sighed, 'i know i should be over him by now, the break-up was the best decision for both of us, but that doesn't mean i don't regret it sometimes. like i was out last night, at the pub with some friends from uni, and there was a united game on the tv. i saw him playing and i felt completely blindsided. i didn't realise i missed him so much.'

piper had a sudden flashback to the last time she went to one of 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐬's games. it had been a premier league game, against burnley. united had won and brandon had even scored. it had been amazing, and afterwards piper had taken brandon to his favourite restaurant to celebrate. had that really only been two weeks before they broke up?

annabelle nodded sympathetically, 'have you ever thought about talking to him again? maybe that might give you more closure, or even rekindle the spark between you too. marcus said he misses you too, even though he doesn't really talk about it.'

but piper shook her head, 'i'd love to, but would just be a bad idea. we loved each other, but we weren't in love with each other. it was the right thing to move on, but i'll admit that getting over him is proving harder than expected.'

piper thought back to her first date with brandon. he'd taken her to a small bakery down one of the city's backstreets. piper had thought she knew the whole city, but he'd shown her a place she didn't even know existed. she still remembered the afternoon so vividly: the smell of coffee, the light, fluffy cupcakes they shared, how he'd hugged her as she left to go home. brandon had always had the best ideas for dates.

even after all these months, she still missed him more than she ever thought she would.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

brandon growled in exasperation as yet another shot soared over the crossbar.

'are you ok, mate?' 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝 asked, 'is it piper?''yes. no. i guess so.' brandon responded hesitantly, 'it's been exactly four months today, so i've been thinking about her more than i want to.'

marcus nodded, 'annabelle's with her today,' marcus and his girlfriend had been friends with piper before she met brandon, and they were very close with both of them, 'she said she's also been...distracted.'

'it just sucks.' brandon sighed as the pair headed inside for lunch, 'i miss her so much, i want nothing more than to go back and ask her to be my girlfriend again.'

there was a brief moment of silence between them as brandon remembered the first time he'd asked piper to be his girlfriend. well, he shouldn't really take credit for it.

piper had surprised him after training one day and had driven him to a park close to her apartment, where she had set up a picnic. it had been wonderful, she'd even been to the bakery he'd taken her to a month before and had gotten his favourite cupcakes. and then, just as they were lying back and relaxing after finishing the food, she'd asked him to be her boyfriend. he'd said yes immediately.

he hadn't known then the pain it would cause. and the happiness.

'but it's ok,' he gave a sad half-smile, 'i'm sure we'll both be ok in the end.'