Chapter 1

"Why me?" I asked myself that question every day. How could a man like Soo-Hyung fall in love with a guy like me?

"Because, my love, you aren't like any other person on this earth, that is what I admire most about you." I gave him a half smile, one that doesn't quite reach my eyes. He brought his fingers to my chin, lifting my face to look at me in the eyes. Something I couldn't do.

"Look at me, Jeongguk." I hesitantly locked eyes with him. His eyes were my favorite thing to look at. His dark, chocolaty orbs pierced into mine. I could feel my cheeks turn into a light pinkish color before he kissed my lips. He molded his soft, plump lips against mine, taking a deep breath before pulling away.

"I love you." His creamy voice filled my ears as he pronounced those three words. I tried to say it back, but no words came out.

"I-I..." I fought hard against the urge to run away from him. I was scared. He had never mentioned love to me out of the nine months we've been together. I took a deep breath, letting those words slip out of my mouth, trying to steady my voice as much as I could. "I love you too."

All of the happiness drained from Soo-Hyung's eyes, replaced with anger. I could see fire blazing in his dark orbs. "Then why did you leave me? "

His words left his mouth, leaving me in complete shock. I've never heard Soo-Hyung speak with such hatred. "W-What?"

Soo-Hyung let go of my hand and pushed me, causing me to tumble off of the couch. My head hit the metal trashcan, pain shooting down my spine. His intense glair pierced me like daggers. He launched himself towards me, pinning me to the ground.

"Soo-Hyung! Get off!"

I struggled under his weight. I slapped his arms trying to free myself from his grasp. He hissed as I dug my nails in his skin, earning myself a glair. He grabbed my arms pinning them to the side of my head. I tried to wiggle free, but to no avail. Tears stung my eyes, blurring my vison of the man, who I though I knew, holding me down under him. I swung my head from side to side, thinking it would help my situation. I screamed at the top of my lungs, tears drowning my cheeks, until I felt him shift his weight, bringing his knee on my left arms to muffle my screams with his free hand.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I woke up sweat dripping from my face. My heart was beating fast. I feared it would rip out of my chest. I stared into the darkness before getting up to the bathroom, splashing my face with some cold water. The coldness of the floor tiles and the water was enough to fully wake me up. I took deep breaths trying to forget the nightmare I just had. His voice, lasted with obvious distaste, echoed in my head.

"Then why did you leave me?"

I shut my eyes, running one of my hands through my brown locks.

I kept having the same nightmare, but they were never the same. They always ended in a different way. I knew they were just nightmares.

But why did it feel so real?

I rubbed my wrist, still feeling the pressure Soo-Hyung had put on them.

I jumped at the sound of my alarm. I groaned before flopping back on my bed to turn it off.

"Time for work." I muffled into my pillow.

I loved working at the library. I love being able to read whenever there weren't any customers, but the thing I loved most about it was seeing my boss and closest friend, Kim Namjoon.