Part 33

With every passing minute I just felt so broken, so hurt, like I couldn't do this anymore, I couldn't take this pain anymore. If Arnav didn't want anything to do with me, why wouldn't he come and say it to me himself? Why send Yug to pass the message.

He was just repeating the same thing with me that he did a year ago, leaving me just like that...

A knock at the door disturbed me I looked up and saw Yug walk in.

"Hey... you up for lunch? You haven't stepped out of the office since morning." He looked at me worriedly.

"It's lunch time?" I looked at him in confusion, I dint even realize it, I was just so overwhelmed with thoughts I dint even realize how time went by, which also meant that I hadn't done any work today.

"I thought you dint want to be friends with me." I said.

"What? When did I say that Khushi?"

"You said you dint want to feel trapped between Arnav and I"

"I meant it that we couldn't be together, like date or something, I just gave it a thought and I thought it wouldn't be okay to date you when you are in love with him and he's in love with you and he's my cousin. I dint mean that we couldn't be friends Khushi." Yug said. Well he was kind of right, he didn't say we couldn't be friends, I just took it that way because everyone was leaving me.

So when he actually told me he dint want to be trapped between us I just took it that he dint want anything to do with me anymore.

When he cleared my misunderstand, I felt so light... I felt like a weight had been lifted up from my chest, I stood up from my seat and rushed to him as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.

"I thought... I thought you dint want to be friends with me and I felt so lonely... I felt like I had no one. Arnav and Tanvi were the only two people I ever had in my life and losing them both has been just so... hard." I said.

"It's okay Khushi, I understand. Don't worry, I am not leaving. I am here and we can always be friends, right?" He smiled at me as he broke the hug and looked at me trying to make me smile.

"Arnav?" I asked as I broke the hug and stepped back awkwardly, everything with Yug was like so fast and so easy, we were strangers, we became friends so soon, and we even got close in a matter of few days, it was surprising, usually I wouldn't let anyone close to me so soon.

"Arnav is my cousin Khushi, I love him and I would always wish the best for him, but that doesn't mean that I can't be friends with you right? I can even date you if I want to, but like you said the other day, it would just be complicated given your whole past with him.

So how about we be friends, hang out, have fun, live life like it's supposed to be lived. Till then, don't worry about Arnav or anyone else, worry about you and what you want to do."

"Thanks Yug." I smiled at him, he was right, all this while my life was just revolving around Arnav, trying to find him, trying to apologize to him, trying to move on from him, it was like I had stopped living for myself and started living for him, but it was high time I changed that because despite everything I did, Arnav still wanted nothing to do with me.

I know I had said this so many times before in the past but it was actually time for me to move on from the past and I knew how exactly to do that.

"Am I allowed to go out for lunch?" I asked Yug.

"Yeah, you can do whatever you want at lunch hours as long as you're back in the office on time."

"Okay, I need to go somewhere, I'll have lunch with you tomorrow, I promise."