28th December, 2017

"Joe, you're always late.", I hear Calum's voice clearly through the phone and even though he tries, he doesn't sound annoyed. I'm pretty sure I can feel him smiling. I've been sitting in the train for a while now and it hasn't moved and that's hardly my fault.

"Cal, the train hasn't moved from this station. There's not much I can do.", I reply chuckling softly. I hear Calum sigh before he speaks again, "I know. But it's your birthday and it'll be over in half an hour and I really wanted to do something for you." My heart melts at that. I think I can never get used to how special Calum makes me feel. I smile Into the phone and just listen to him breathing in forced anger. Shit. He's really cute and I still can't believe we've been dating a while. I mean, it's like a vacation being with him. I've never felt so comfortable with anyone.

"Cal, it's okay. My birthday Isn't such a big deal. And this job, It's a big deal and I've to put In these ungodly hours. Don't let it bother you.", I whisper into the phone hoping to convey just how amazing even him thinking about this makes me feel. Calum doesn't say anything and I'm suddenly worried that Ive said the wrong thing.

"Cal, I -"

"I love you."

My heart stops and starts and stops and starts, all in the space of a millisecond. Calum loves me. Calum loves me. How the hell did I even get this lucky? Because I know I love him. I've loved him for so long that it's not even a surprise that I love him. Calum almost starts to speak again but I beat him to It, "I love you, Cal. I love you so much. God, I can't even tell you how happy you make me.". The train finally starts moving and Calum and I are still quietly breathing over the phone. My heart is racing so dam fast. But it's just always racing when I'm with Calum. It's been racing all of the almost two years I've known him.

"How long before you reach?", Calum soft voice asks me. In the back of my mind 'I love you' is still repeating itself. Again and again in Calum's soft voice.