- 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Homophobia included⚠️

Hello! Yes, another angsty oneshot. Let me know if you liked the fluff more and if you have an idea, the requests are always open! You can either comment it down below or PM me :). The drawing up there is not mine. Also, if you see a '***', it's a sign of a flashback beginning or ending.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's been three days since I saw you last. Are you ever coming back? No hit ever hurt this bad. I can't bear the silence of my days anymore. The only sound I can hear is...the clock. With every tick, I can't help but wish you'd listen to the same sound. Somewhere safe. In peace. Because deep inside, I know that you're not and that every tick might be your last. So, I stay. I stay and I wish. I wish I could've done something to save you. I wish you didn't have to do this alone. I wish I could've protected you. I wish-...another sound. I can hear the faint tune of radio playing downstairs. The song. It's familiar. It's so meaningful. And before I can hear the clock again, my tongue starts singing out words, and...the memories come flooding back.

" 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞."

***

~ "Maxie, I love your smile but...you really need to stop grinning right now." El said, giggles escaping her throat while she was trying to spread lipstick on the redhead's lips. Max was trying to stay still and control her smile as much as she could but, oh well.

~ "Sorry- I can't help it. I'll look like a booger anyway!" Max stated with a sigh, not very happy about letting herself be persuaded into putting some make-up on. But since it was El who was curious about how'd she look like, she fell for her pleads in less than an hour. The fact that they were going to Snowball together later that night did help too.

~ "Careful there. You're talking about my work!" El pouted, finishing and placing the lipstick back in her bag while Max seemed to realize the same thing at the moment.

~ "Um, I mean- I meant...it can't look that bad, right? No. Of course it can't! I guess I'll look like a...pretty booger then?" Max tried to correct herself and raised an eyebrow with a smile that looked more like a wince, trying to catch a bit of that happy spark in El's eyes. And she did. After a while of the brunette's face staying stone cold, it melted into another chuckle as she nodded.

~ "A very pretty one." El agreed and reached out with her hand to brush a strand of Max's hair behind her ear before leaning closer and pecking the tip of Max's nose. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough for the redhead and she puckered her lips, silently waiting if the brunette gets the hint. And again, she did.

~ "Ohh. Nu-uh. You'll need to wait 'till the Snowball for that, Sunshine." El shook her head. Earlier, she was told by Joyce that it brings bad luck to kiss before a dance.

~ "Why nottt? Please, tell me you don't believe the stuff Joyce talked about. The Snowball is in two hours. And that's too long!" Max whined.

~ "Don't wanna risk anything. I promise that if you wait, you can get as many kisses as you want. Deal?" El's lips quirked up into a smile and she held her pinky out to Max to make a promise. The other hesitated for a while, knowing she would have to wait a long time, but after a moment of thinking, she accepted.