inbox

"Catch you later, Wooyoung!"

A group of friends holler their goodbyes to the said male, peeping their heads out of the vehicle and waving their hands at him until they are scolded by the driver to settle themselves back into the car. Wooyoung smiles at them and watches the car drive off until it is no longer in his sight before heading toward his apartment.

It has been a while since he had hung out with his university friends, being busy with studying and working part-time. A yawn escapes his lips and small droplets of tears begin forming in the corner of his eyes as he enters the building.

He did not expect to be this exhausted after hanging out all day today. He just wants to fall asleep where he currently stands, but that is obviously not a smart move to make. All he can think about is his comfy bed waiting for him in his bedroom, and the thought of himself sinking into the soft mattress makes his lips curve into a tired smile.

However, his legs sluggishly bring him to his PO box since he forgot to check it this morning. Wooyoung knows that he will forget to check tomorrow, so he may as well do it now when he still remembers. The male pulls out the key to his mailbox and unlocks its door before opening it, seeing a pile of letters stashed inside.

I wonder where these came from, he asks himself, curious of where these letters came from. He was not expecting this amount of letters; he thought he was only going to see simply two or three at most.

Nonetheless, he simply takes them into his hands and closes the compartment. Locking the mailbox, Wooyoung finally makes his way to his apartment to prepare himself for bed. When he arrives, he takes his time to give himself a nice shower and do his night routine before slumping into his mattress. A sigh of satisfaction leaves his lips and he snuggles into his fluffy blanket, hugging his bear plushie tightly.

He can feel himself slip out of consciousness, so he turns his body toward the desk next to the bed and is about to reach over to the lamp switch until he notices the stash of letters sitting on the surface of the table. Being struck with curiosity, he takes the top envelope and glances at the name of the sender.

At first, he does not recognize the name written on the top left corner, so he brings the envelope closer to his eyes. Wooyoung scrunches his eyes in confusion for a second as he tries to recall anyone with that particular name and when he does, he immediately sits up and eyes widen due to realization.

"No way," he whispers as he grabs the other letters on the desk. "I must be hallucinating. This can't be true."

He glimpses at the sender of each of the letters he has received today, and they are all from the same person.

from, chung yuna