◛: twenty

dear jung wooyoung,

i took some time to think about it,

to think about all those moments with yeosang:

the times when we walked with one another in the hallways during break time,

the times when we spoke to each other during class,

the times when we ate lunch together,

the times when we spent hours talking at night.

and i have come to conclusion that...

i never liked him.

"why?" you may ask.

i guess you can say that he was a rebound.

he was a rebound of you.

during the time that i "liked" him, he was my friend and you were someone who i admired from afar. he was around me almost all the time and always interacted with me. you were in a different class, so we barely saw each other.

i guess that i felt empty due to my one-sided crush, and yeosang was there to make me feel loved (as a friend, of course). he was an interesting person, and i was intrigued by him. with his attention, he temporarily filled the emptiness that i was feeling and i instinctively thought that he was the one for me. with him constantly in my view, he made me forget about you from time to time.

but now, i realized that no matter what he did, it simply distracted me from what i felt for you.

despite being around him most of the time, i still snuck glances at you whenever you were around, i still thought of you at night before i slept when i should have been thinking of him, i still feel my heart beat faster whenever i'm around you, and...

i still wrote these letters to you.

with lots of love,

chung yuna