[7] ➥ 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

y/n's pov :

"MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST BREAK UP"
"w-what ?"

"y/n, don't do this. please."

everyone was staring at you guys, but you didn't care. you tried to pull back your tears.

"pieck. you need to learn how to trust me. when you know how to do that, maybe we can get back together again.."
"but i do-"
"no, you don't. yelena is just my bestfriend. you were my girlfriend. wasn't i the one to confess to you ? wasn't i the one who wanted to date you ? i would've dated yelena already if i didn't like you. and i do like you. but, you just can't seem to trust me."
"y/n.."
"let's just break up, okay ? it's not like you gave a damn about me from the start anyways."

you went back to your room while hearing some whispers. yelena followed you as pieck left.

"y/n ! did you really just-"
"yeah. oh my god."
"are you alright ?"
"mhm. i just can't believe i actually did it. i broke up with her."
"maybe it's best for you ?"
"maybe."
"oh and here's the food."
"thanks."

you and yelena sat down and began to eat your food and drink your water.

pieck's pov :

i walked back home. once i got in, i knocked on porco's door. i told him who i was and walked in.

"hey, how's y/n-"

i let go of my crutches and fell down. porco caught me with his arms and i started to cry in his arms.

"what happened ??"
"y/n broke up with me.."
"WHAT ? SHE ACTUALLY DID IT ??"
"yeah."
"i never thought that would happen. i always thought it was the other way around."
"wow, thanks."

i wiped my nose with my sleeve and sniffled.

"she really broke up with me. she even slapped me."
"oh wow. didn't know y/n had the guts to do that."
"what do i do. i messed everything up again."
"maybe try to fix things with her."
"i did, but i just can't stop being jealous of yelena."
"what does yelena have that you don't ?"
"working legs."
"good point. what else ?"
"she's tall. and she's known y/n for a long time and she's on good terms with y/n."
"i'm sure you guys will end up being fine. there's no way y/n doesn't love you."
"i hope you're right.."

y/n's pov :

you rubbed your hand over yelena's face. there was a red hand mark.

"i'm really sorry i made you deal with this, yelena. because of me, you got hurt."
"no no, y/n. i agreed to doing this. i should've known this would happen."
"do you think i'll get back with pieck ?"
"that depends on you, y/n. if you want her, don't waste the opportunity to do so."
"i guess you're right. i mean, you're always right."
"yeah, i am."

yelena and you made a small faded laugh.

"i'll be back, okay ? i'm just gonna get ice for my cheek."
"okay."

yelena left the room and you laid back on your bed. your eyes slowly closed, causing you to fall asleep.

[ A FEW DAYS LATER ]

it was finally the day that you could go home from the hospital. yelena walked you to the house. once you guys got in, the kids were running up to you hugging you. zeke asked

"y/n, are you feeling better now ?"
"much better."

you took a glance around the room and saw pieck staring at you. she looked as if she had been crying. your eyes widened a bit, but then you looked away from her.

---

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

hey !! we are very close to 2k reads ! that's so cool, oh my god. sorry for the short chapter. a few of the upcoming chapters might be longer than this one. and expect the hitch story tomorrow !! thank you guys soso much, byebye ! <3

word count : 650