|-+-|

Lillith was tired. Exhausted from the ongoing battle. Exhausted from the stress of a nation falling apart. She wasn't sure how much longer she would have to last with her wounds and her thoughts. 'Coronations are meant to be a time of celebration, right?' She wondered, her toes burying themselves into the disgruntled soil. 'I was still the Queen though!-' She thought, watching the polished sword fall defeated beside her. 'Am I still the Queen?...' She asked herself, thick crimson liquid trailed down her slightly burnt face. The shimmering blood traced her beautiful features. A single tear followed soon after, before falling from grace and hitting the floor. The drop smashed into a thousand little pieces as it did so. The water seemed to speak to her, whispering to the princess, while the glowing orange flames surrounding the girl could not calm her. She used to love the fire, snuggling beside it and whispering all her problems away. But now she was certain it would be her end.The delicate blonde tried her best to stumble through the fire, tripping and falling every couple of steps. Struggling to get her footing, she came across her once grand ballroom reduced to ashes within the ruins of its kingdom. Of her kingdom. Left to decay if this seemingly endless war was won. Within the withered walls of this ballroom was Wilbur. The king of the opposing country...
'Well, fancy seeing you here butterfly.' The brunette cooed. He just smirked, looking beside his leg at the shimmering blade. Bloody and glistening in the moonlight. The king then gripped it firmly in him hand, quickly adjusting his velvet red and blue cape and slowly but surely raising the sharpened sword to his enemy's throat. Still panicking and gasping for air, she could feel the tip of the weapon press into her fragile peach skin with every breath. 'What do you want Wilbur? I just want this to end.' The girl began firmly. 'Ah ah ah! That's KING Wilbur, to you my dear!' The brunette corrected. 'And I want just one thing-' The silence that followed that sentence was suffocating. It was like a fog, forcing Lilith to look around her. See and take in the death and destruction around her. All the blood splattered into nearly every terracotta brick. But also allowing her to see the beauty in the moment. The sick twisted beauty of no more responsibilities. No more speeches or expectations. No more eyes on her all the time, watching the girl's every move. Snapping the woman out of her night time trance, Wilbur lifted his sword, pushing her chin up until her saddened gaze met his insane one. The moment was odd, like fluttering butterflies in her stomach but at the same time, hating every piece of the man looking before her.
'Dance-' Will said bluntly, staring directly through her ocean blue eyes and into her conscience. If she even had one left... 'W... what?' Lillith replied to the man cautiously. She was expecting something much much worse to stop this blood-thirsty war, and she was willing to for her people. But no- 'Dance with me.' He responded again, only this time he put his sword back down to his side and held his longing hand out towards the girl. His features twinkled in the delicate light of the stars. She wanted to look away, she knew he was trying to seduce her into a false sense of security but she couldn't break his gaze. She could her body reaching out for him, going against everything her brain was shouting. Tension rose as the enemies' hands met for the first time. Bringing the girl to her feet, the pair danced. The waltzed through the pain of the past. At first, Lillith tried to dance 'properly' but she soon let her worries and attempts at perfection meant away as a haunting waltz begun to play. The music came seemingly from no-where, but the royals didn't care. They spun around the ruins of the castle ballroom, holding each other tightly. Wilbur's hand slid down to the elegant princess' waist, silently cradling her while they danced in the glittering light of the moon. The song playing in the background of the elegant scene played on and on, leaving the pair to dance the night away, forgetting their troubles. Princess found herself reminiscing. Reliving long forgotten memories of a childhood that never happened. Playing in the treetops as the wind blew on her flushed face. Going swimming in a lake in the middle of nowhere with non existent friends. Meeting Wilbur for the first time... She remembered that fondly, every second of feeling loved and no longer alone. The girl still had the dagger he gave to her when the boy was taken away from the madly in love girl. Little shiny emeralds lined the hilt, and studded diamonds surrounded the sudden transition from beauty to agony. There blade was sharp and sparkly, precise and diligent. She held the blade in her hand as the haunting melody drifted away and the king whispered something in her ear, pulling her closer to his warm body. And he was met with no more than his wish. The cold, hard dagger directly through his chest. A satirical smirk grew on the dying man's face as he dropped to his knees, weak from the blood loss. The girl knelt on the blood cobble floor beside him and she was holding him close to her chest as she wept. 'Just know that I love you-' the brunette whispered, finally dying in the young princess' arms. With the sunrise dawned a new day. A new era. And she knew she had won...