Chapter 1-Survival

Alize was sitting underneath the tent they sat up. Her Journal on her lap and pen in her hand. They were stranded. All she remembered was that her and her friends were flying on a plane with their youth group. She didn't remember where they were flying too, or why? She remembered that something was wrong with the plane and they crashed. Many of her friends died, went down with the plane or drowned. A few survived through. Her remaining friends John, Tony, and Cameron. Others survived too. She didn't know their names too well but she knows Elizabeth and Diez. No one has any ideal where the others are, if they died, or was stranded somewhere else. Putting down her pen and journal, which was still slightly damp, but thankfully wasn't completely ruined. Alize crawled outside the tent meeting the others who were sitting around their campfire. Of course it wasn't lit, it was still midday and the sun was out. They seemed to be sorting out a plan. Alize joined them sitting down next to Cameron Listening to John speak. He drew in the sand explaining.

"We need to gather lots of wood and rocks" He said "We need all we can if we're gonna build a lighthouse." John added

"OK, so can someone catch me up?" Alize asked

"Oh sure, John was explaining that we should build a lighthouse so any on-coming ships or helicopters can find us" Tony explained

"Someone's got to be looking for us!" Cameron added "So, most likely we're see something"

"OK, could work, but how will we light it up" Alize went on to explain her point "You could say with fire, but then the wood might catch on fire and even if you put it on rocks wind might blow the ambers around" Alize, the smart one. She was an A+ student in all her classes, paid attention all the time, and used her knowledge.

"That's a good point, Alize" John pointed out "We're still working on that

"And sure, my flashlight works but how much battery does it have left? What happens when it runs out of power, how will we recharge it?" Alize added to her question.

"Yeah, maybe the lighthouse ideal isn't working so well" Tony started to doubt the plan. "Unless we build a solar power-box and use it to charge the flashlight" Tony, he's the geek of the group. Won first place at the science and tech fair, built his own computer, and pretty much built everything, oh he also built his own robot and AI system.

"News' flash Tony, we're stranded on an island and if you brought any of your "Tech Stuff" most likely it's destroyed, both water-logged and broken in pieces." Alize pointed out.

"Ok, we need to start building something, just gather rocks and we will spell out S.O.S in the sand. Got it?" John asked, realizing there were many flaws with his lighthouse plan.

******************

Alize picked up a rock she found in the forest, it wasn't large but it was large enough to be noticeable and she can carry it still along with other rocks. She carried back to the beach along with one other and dropped in into the forming pile where Cameron and Tony put it with the others spelling out S.O.S. It didn't seem like the most effective plan, but it will be good enough until they think of a better one. She looked out for John, but then remembered he assigned himself to look for food. John grew up hunting with his family. He lived in a country which didn't give them much options for food, either they drove a long way to the nearest grocery store or restaurant. They either hunted it or grew it themselves which makes John probably the most important one here and the one most likely to survive. Oh, and don't forget about Cameron. She may not seem the smartest, but she's just shy. Before all of these were with BSA, She was a First Class Scout. Sad she never made it to Eagle before all of this, but her and John, they are the most trained of us all.

***************

John had finally returned, he carried a few strange plants in what looks like a fishing rod. He dropped the plants down explaining what they were. He had collected a few fruits, like blueberries which Alize instantly freaked out about bears coming for them and John carried his handmade fishing rod to the ocean edge. He casted the rod into the water and began to wait. Everyone watched and waited patiently around the fire pit. Alize looked up at the sky seeing the sun going down, her stomach growled with hunger while she waited and she reached grabbing a handful of berries that John had brought back. Cameron did the same after her followed by Tony. It felt like almost two hours till John came back with enough fish for everyone to share. Cameron used her scouting skills she learned to start a fire while John prepared a way to cook the fish then set it over the fire. Alize already knew what fish it was through it was quite hard to tell with its current state, but she didn't make it easy.

"Five bucks for those who know what fish this is, and John is not allowed to speak!" Alize shouted. They all thought for a moment but it was Cameron who spoke.

"Cod"

"Correct!"

"Question, do you actually have five bucks and does it even matter, look around!" Hunter questioned her

"Well when we get off this island, you will have to hold it to me to give what you earned" Alise vowed