cinque

°

Agnes decides to go to Dippet's office. Because she can't go back home. She'd much rather stay here than go back to hell.
Even if that meant betraying Riddle. Besides, he deserves it.

But she's late. Whispers reach her ears like falling icicles- they caught the killer.

But they didn't. Because Tom Riddle sits around, laughing with many- "Isn't it wonderful, how Myrtle finally recieved justice?"

And they lap his words up with dripping tongues because his words are water to the parched, to the needy.

Fools.

Poor Hagrid. An ugly oaf who got trapped in Riddle's webs of lies and manipulations. Poor Hagrid.

Poor Hagrid even more because Riddle gets awarded and gets called brave, selfless, intelligent, perfect.

"I din' do it!" Hagrid's stifling cries ring through the Great Halls. "I swear I din' do it. An' I swear to me life, Aragog ain't no monster!"

Poor Hagrid.

"I feel for Hagrid, I do. But his monster pet is the reason Myrtle is dead. She had so much to live for, you know? In a way it's good that he got expelled- sets a precedent."

Tom Riddle's words ripple through the grey walls of Hogwarts. Laced with grief and brushed with miraculous joy- people fall for the devil after all.

His gaze meets hers. Eyes triumphant. Eyebrow arched.

A smirk drips from his lips. Triumphant.

Agnes shuts her eyes but his smirk is etched upon her brain.

Open your eyes, love.

His voice swims around in her head.

Are you so weak that you resort to entering my head, Tom?

And are you so weak that you can't meet my eyes, Agnes?

And are you so weak that you choose to put the blame on someone else for your actions?

He doesn't reply.

"You're merely a body."

"I'm aware, Malfoy."

"Good, I don't want to break your heart."

Agnes laughs shrilly and turns her body so that she faces him. "What makes you think I care about you enough to get my heart broken?"

His pale hair shines in the sunlight like honey against sugar cubes. "I can see why Riddle likes to keep you around. You're a good distraction."

"Oh, Riddle?" Agnes gasps mockingly. "How dare you address your lord by his name?"

"Your tongue is best suited for things not involving talking." His finger flicks the dimple of her cheek warningly.

Agnes laughs even more at that. "I'm merely a body but at least I know how to keep myself satisfied. You fool yourself into thinking that you are a free soul unlimited to things not commanded by your lord and saviour Tom Riddle."

"Careful, DeRosiers."

She kisses his neck in reply and takes satisfaction at the way he whimpers. Poor idiot thinks he can outpower her.

Agnes knows where her place is. A whore. But whores are clever. And whores are underestimated.

And the later they understand that, the better.

a/n

omfg i wanted to publish sooner but im in the middle of my exams and preparing for my board exams which are in late march and im an asian studying for asian exams and i think thats self explanatory. also this is purely a rant and u dont have to read but ive been vomiting everything ive been eating and apparently its due to stress also i have a broken arm which broke in November and is healing extremely slowly and i have to use a scribe for the exams because of that and well i fell down the stairs a couple of weeks ago and got a stitch right in the broken arm so things are going pretty well for me😃😃😃😃 anywayy hows it going for you guys ?