Chapter 2

Jason's POV

"Is that the hot receiver on the football team I see?" some girl asked as I got out of my car. I looked over knowing exactly who it was. She was so beautiful. Haley and I had been dating for about three months. My parents didn't know and I know they would kill me if they ever figured out.

"Is that the hot captain of the cheer team I see?" I replied back stepping closer to her. As we reached each other, I leaned down and gave her a loving kiss.

"You wanna skip first period today and continue this?" she asked smiling with her sexy voice. I knew what she meant.

"Babe, we skipped yesterday and today's game day. I gotta be at school," I said coming up with excuses. As I did so, a car pulled up next to mine with music blaring loud. Molly and Mia jumped out of the car and shook their heads as they passed Haley and I.

"You better not be skipping again," Mia said.

"Ya, we can only cover your ass for so long," Molly added.

Haley and I ended up going to class. If I skipped any class today, I wouldn't be able to start today's game. Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal to me anymore but I knew it still was to my parents. All I cared about was what made Haley happy. She was the person I cared about most.

During study hall in the middle of the day was when I got called to Coach Jones's office. Usually, it was about some game changes we were making or something. I knew it was different though when I walked into his office and my parents were sitting down. Both of them. I knew something was up. And it wasn't good. Both of my parents did not look happy at all.

"Sit down, Jason," Coach Jones instructed. I did as he said in between my mom and dad. "So Jason here has been skipping out on practices and school recently. Now it's gotten to the point where he's failing his English class so he is academically ineligible."

"What?" Carrie questioned.

"Rumor has it he's been sneaking off with the captain of the cheer team, Miss Haley Stein," Coach informed.

"This is all for some girl?! Do you know how ridiculous that is?" my dad questioned.

"Can we talk about this as a family, please?" my mom asked the Coach politely. Coach stood up and left the room. "Jason, this isn't like you. What is going on?"

"I just met a girl and I like her a lot," I answered coyly.

"Look, that doesn't mean that you need to be cutting practice. That is way out of line," Mike told him. "Do you still want to even play football? Because that scholarship you have to Vanderbilt we can just drop if you don't really want it."

"And either way there is no way you can skip school. No girl is worth blowing off your education for," mom added.

"Look, just stop okay," I finally said. "I know I screwed up. Just give me time to fix it."

"That's the thing, Jason. You lost that trust from us. We trusted you a whole heck of a lot to know right from wrong. Gosh dang it, your siblings look up to you. You really let us down, Jason," my mom told me. That coming from my mom hurt a lot. She never said stuff like that. Maybe to Molly but never to me.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Then you better start proving it," my dad told me.

I went back to school and I didn't say a word the rest of the day. I had let my parents down big time. I had let my coach down big time. I had let my siblings down big time. The only person I had impressed was Haley and I started to question whether she was even worth it. Did she even care that I practically ruined my life for her?