Chapter 2: Everyone seemed to say it was so great

Dream didn't realize that he was slowly falling into a routine with Double Trouble until Tommy's older brother's joined the table during their lunchtime after a week or two.

The first that Dream had recognized was Wilbur, a tall lanky guy who was undeniably handsome, with a sharp jawline, and gorgeous curly brown hair that covered his right eye. He wore a pair of circle framed glasses and a soft yellow sweater with black jeans and a maroon beanie. He gave Dream a dashing smile when he arrived, his charm and charisma catching Dream completely off guard for a moment as his brain short circuited and he had to recuperate. Not to mention the guy was the student body president for four years straight. 

The second however left Dream in more shock than before, he noticed the jacket first, it being the one that was worn by the school's sword fighting team, completely different from fencing as it was much more rough than the aforementioned sport and required a specific set of skills that vastly differ from the other. His eyes slowly trailed up the broad chest and wide shoulders to find a cotton candy pink braid sat on the person's left shoulder, their neck pale and void of any imperfections, and finally to his face. Dream was breathless as he took in the beautiful being before him. Their face was nearly void of imperfections, besides the scars on their left eyebrow, and right cheek, but even then they fit their face and did not look odd or strange in any way, their cheeks were dusted with a very faint pink to combat their pale complexion, their jaw was sharp and had a faint bit of stubble on his chin.

Dream felt his cheeks turn red when he met ruby eyes, half lidded in a bored expression, but a small smile playing on his pink lips, showing some teeth, which were sharp. In all honesty, Dream forgot how to function as a human when his crush, who he hadn't had contact with since freshman year, was sitting there looking more like a hunk than the nerd that Dream remembered him being.

"H-Hey Technoblade!" Dream squeaked out embarrassingly, clearing his throat before averting his gaze and looking back to his laptop to keep working on the project that Double Trouble asked for.

Techno smirked and huffed out a quiet laugh, which made the tips of Dream's ears burn, before he turned his attention to his brother.

"Will, did you hear about the party? The one I got invited to?" Techno's voice made Dream's throat run dry, but he ignored it, the pinkette was talking in a low volume so he obviously wasn't meant to hear it.

"Yeah I did, the one Skeppy is throwing on Friday, right?" Wilbur responded in a curious manner, Dream grit his teeth slightly at the name, the raven haired male in question was a friend of Bad's.

Skeppy is part of the reason why Bad was the first to stop hanging out with Dream, but Dream didn't blame either of them, from what he understands, the two of them were trying to get comfortable around each other before they made their relationship official, he didn't want to be the reason that they didn't work out, so he didn't say anything.

"Well, Skeppy told me it was to celebrate his relationship with his boyfriend, from what he said, they'd been together for about a year but his boyfriend just recently wanted to get more serious." Techno whispered back as his full attention was on his brother, not noticing that what he said had hurt Dream.

The words struck Dream and he felt tears pricking his eyes and his face making an ugly expression. Bad, of all people, lied to him?

He said nothing.

"Really? That's odd, Skeppy doesn't usually throw parties at this time of the year, that's usually Punz." Wilbur responded with a tone that was a bit accusatory, granted the behavior of the blue boy was extremely odd so it made sense.

It was true, Skeppy always threw parties before winter break and after spring break, never during winter, since he had a pool and drunk people in a freezing cold pool would lead to lots of people being sick.