𝔬𝔫𝔢

Part 1 ; Chapter 1 ; Beginning

A few months before...

Ijekiel Alpheus stood by the doors of the Alpheus Manor, his hair was combed, but it was never completely straight, still fluffy, and his solemn, dazed sparkling golden eyes were clouded, as he was daydreaming carelessly. He was currently wearing a suit of a white blazer-jacket with silver embroidery, and a blue wide sleeved blouse, with a lighter blue tie, tucked into his matching white pants.

The doors opened, and a maid bowed respectfully, "Young Master, Princess Jenette has come." Ijekiel didn't reply, but nodded, making his way out.

Today, it was sunny, more sunnier than Ijekiel really liked. The skies were mostly clear, very blue. He looked down to see the Princess, his adopted sister and cousin, who had been helped out of the fancy royal carriage, of gold and white silk, and velvet. It glittered in the sun, and Ijekiel had to shade his eyes to see Jenette properly.

"Ijekiel!" Jenette shouted, waving. Ijekiel bowed, "Princess." "You don't have to call me that Ijekiel! We're close." Ijekiel smiled, but shook his head, "It's my duty to call you formally.

The two were no longer as close as they were, it had been far too long since he had seen her, and she had been much too busy in the Emerald Palace. 

"Oh okay, why don't you come in? My father is annoyed that I came to pick you up so late." Ijekiel nodded, and entered the carriage, helping Jenette up. 

It was a quiet ride, with mostly Jenette chattering. Ijekiel was tired that day, and couldn't help but doze off a little, until Jenette mentioned something interesting.

"Right, I was going to tell you!" Jenette spoke, suddenly clapping her hands. Ijekiel shook himself back to reality, surprised. "Oh, sorry," Jenette apologized, quickly, before speaking, "My sister is going to be around today. Maybe I could introduce her to you."

"Sister?" Ijekiel rose both brows, surprised. He had never heard Jenette had a sister... He assumed she was talking about another princess. He didn't even know there was another princess. 

"Yes, the first princess, Princess Athanasia. I think you two will get along," Jenette nodded, "She will be around the palace today, maybe we can invite her." Ijekiel nodded, "I see."

He wondered what the princess was like, how she looked. Was she anything like Jenette? Were her eyes a crystal, glittering blue? Was her hair brown?

.       .        .

"This is the Royal Garden," Jenette finally stopped, "You can look around, but we have to meet father soon. He's impatient." "Of course," Ijekiel nodded, peeking in.

It was a beautiful, grand garden. Filled with pink, light roses, red and white, yellow and pink tulips. Blooming gardenia. The light, fragrant scent filled his senses, and the washes of pastel made it feel like he was in a painting.

Spotting the neat, white gazebo, shaded under beautiful trees, he slowly walked over, a bit hesitant, spotting a bush of orange and white. Coming closer, it was a orange bush, and a few white flowers grew around them. "Orange blossom...?" Ijekiel drew his hand to touch the only bunch of white flowers, but his hands were intercepted by a small, feminine hand that picked them.

Looking up, it was a girl. She was almost blinding, a wave of gold. Her hair was wavy, golden and flowing, like thread. Parting near the middle, the strands were tucked over her ear. Her eyes were large, framed with golden lashes, and blue, jeweled, cerulean, like the diamonds in the skies. She had a peach shade of skin, light and cheeks naturally flushed. Youthful, but perfect aristocratic facial structure. The girl looked like an angel.