Flowers

I don't know why I do a lot of things lately. I bet you find that too, right? And it's because we don't think, we just do. We don't take a step back and process. Everything's so instant these days. How can we? Dinner in minutes, a thousand photographs in one burst. You have to like something this second. You have to know how you feel about everything- you can't be unsure or confused or change your mind. There's no time to figure out who you are. You have to know right now. Have you ever seen a flower grow? I mean, of course not. It's nearly impossible to wait for anything that takes that long. But if you did, it would change you. It would slow you down. It would remind you that real things take time. And it's magic too, isn't it? I mean so are a thousand photographs in one burst, but..a flower. You plant a seed in the ground, and a whole world develops and stretch's out and opens up. It's easy to get confused when we're moving so fast. And, to think we're doing the right thing, when, really we're not. But if we're lucky, we could find a balance. We could take a step back, we could take a breath. The next time that you see a flower, sticking up out of the ground or in a vase- just- just remember that part of what makes it beautiful, is how long it took to grow.