Valentine's Day (1)

Ashley was out working on CBGB, a new movie of hers. I was home from doing some interviews for my album,Fastlife that will be came out in October. Today was Valentine’s day and I had something special planned for my girlfriend,Ashley.

One voicemail from Ashley, “I’ll be home around 5:30. Love you lots!” I put my phone down on the bed and took a quick shower. I got out of the shower and gelled up my hair. I got on a white button up shirt with a blue suit.

I slipped on white shoes, and texted Nick, “You guys ready?”  he was dating Delta at the time, “Yeah, we’ll see you at the restaurant.” he replied. I finished what I had to do.

It was around 6 when Ashley came home,which messed up my plans, “You told me 5:30.” I followed her to the bedroom, “I’m sorry..the Director ran over..he wanted to get more time, I tried to tell him I have plans,but he didn’t listen..he said it was just Valentines Day. I’ll change fast.” she walked into the closet,taking everything off, I couldn’t really be mad at her.

She walked out in a long pink strapless dress, “We’re not really matching..more like clashing..” I groaned, “Be right back.” I walked into the closet. I changed into a dark red suit with a matching tie. “Okay.”

“There.” she pecked my lips, “We’re looking Valentiney.” she grabbed her clutch, “Let’s go. Nick and Delta are probably waiting on us.” we got in our car and I headed to the restaurant, I was kind of nervous about tonight.

We pulled into a parking lot and I helped her out, “This car totally wrinkled my dress! You didn’t tell me how I looked!”

I sighed, “You look fine, that car didn’t wrinkle your dress. You look beautiful.” I took her hand and walked inside the restaurant.

“Hey bro! Hey Ashley.” Nick got up from  our reserved table and hugged us, “Hey brother, Hey Delta.” I sat down beside Ashley,  “I’ll have some white wine.” Ashley already ordered, “Red wine.” Delta ordered, my brother ordered water,while I ordered Coors Light.

I glanced over at Delta,she seemed a little off tonight, I looked over at Nick,he seemed fine, he was chatting away with Ashley.  I cleared my throat, “Nick,can I talk to you for minute..in the boy’s room?”

He raised up an eyebrow, “Sure.” we got out up and headed to the bathroom. “If you have any male problems, call a doctor,not me.”  I rolled my eyes, “Is anything going on with you and Delta?...She doesn’t seem like herself..”

“Everything is going great with Delta..she might not be feeling well..” he scratched his head, “Okay, I was just checking.” I brother punched him as we headed back to our table.

“We’re back.” I noticed the menus were gone, “We couldn’t wait so I figured you wanted your all time favorite, Atlantic Salmon.” I pecked her lips, “Thanks,love.”

“What did you order,babe?” Nick turned to Delta, “Nick…” she looked down, I knew what she was fixing to do, “Delta,please don’t…” I whispered.

“I need to tell you something..Something to get off my chest..”

“Delta,do not do it right now.” I glared, “Joe...calm down.”  Ashley put her hand on my arm, “What is it,babe?” I couldn’t stand to watch this, “Delta,please fucking don’t.”

“I can’t do this anymore...I love you,Nick..You’ve been the best,but I don’t really see this relationship working out..” she put her napkin on the table and got up. “I’m sorry.”

I watched her walk out, “Be right back.” I got up and followed her, “Delta.”

“Joe,” she turned around, “Please don’t make me go back in there..it’s not fair for him..I don’t deserve him.. he’s 21...he needs to date women… Women who aren’t getting older as me.”

I sighed, “But why did you have to do it on Valentine’s Day?” I crossed my arms, “I just couldn’t handle the guilt and sadness..”

“What guilt? The only guilt you’re getting is him feeling guilty on Valentine’s Day.”

She sighed, “I found someone okay? Joe, I’m not cheating on your brother...I just got feelings for someone else and I want him...besides Nick needs someone younger. Tell him I’m sorry. I’m sorry,Joe.” she walked off. I sighed silently as I headed inside.

“I’m sorry,Nick…” I sat down, he just nodded his head, “I’ll just need to go home.” he got up, “Nick,please stay.” Ashley begged.

“It doesn’t feel right..I’ll talk to you tomorrow,Joe. Happy Valentine’s Day.” Nick got out and left.

So now it was only Ashley and I.

The date went pretty well. We talked about life and made joke,trying to ease my mind from later tonight. We left the restaurant and I drove to the Marina in LA.

“Joe,why are we at the marina?” Ashley rubbed my knuckles, “It’s a surprise.” I grinned, “Joe, I didn’t wear the right outfit for this..” she looked down at her outfit, “Why does that matter?”

“It’s a long dress with a train..I don’t want it to smell like lake water.” we got out and I took her to the boat I rented, “Joseph, I’m not getting on the boat.” she crossed her arms.“Ashley,please.”

“Joe, if this ruins my dress,I’m making you buy me another one.” she got onto the boat, “Ashley,stop complaining..this is a special night..”

I took her hands,then gave her a big passionate kiss, “Happy Valentine’s day,baby. I love you and I can see you giving me a future I want..I want the forever with you.” I pecked her lips, “I want to be the father to your kids...I want to be there for you..Ashley Greene,will you marry me?”

& it all starts here :p