Chapter One- Nothing Left and Plotting

[this is whole story is going to be shorter than I wanted but that's... Okay. </3]

He used to be lively. Excited, nervous, fierce, he used to be so emotional. Now he's nothing. Red Son misses that. He misses all those feelings he only saw on his face in the first battle. The moment he came back from Flower Fruit Mountain, he seemed more reserved. He thought it was just hero stress. He was so, so wrong.

He first noticed it at the weather station. He still had clear feelings, but he seemed to have them less intensely. Like they were being repressed. They hadn't even carried a conversation over their fight! Noodle Boy had ignored all of his insults. It was like they weren't even rivals! Just… random enemies. He'd hated it.

A few weeks later he'd followed him home. Not for any reason other than curiosity. He thought it might give him answers about his numbness. All he'd found out was Noodle Boy lost all feeling and he seemed to live with Dragon Horse Girl. She was as confused as him on Noodle Boy's numbness!

"MK seriously, what's going on?!" She'd yelled.

"I told you. I don't feel anymore." He said.

"But why?!" She wailed. "What's wrong, did something happen? Talk to me! Please!"

"Nothing happened that you need to worry about. I'm okay. I'm a hero, remember?"

"That's exactly why I'm worried! This hero stuff… it's crazy and scary, I didn't think it'd affect you like this!"

"The fighting isn't doing this, Mei."

Well, he wasn't getting anything out of this. What a waste of his time and skill. He slunk away, already making a new plan in his mind. A better one than this.

The next day, he disguised himself as a normal human. No horns, floppy ears, or firey amber eyes. Just smooth skin, small and round ears, and dark, humanlike eyes. He went into the shop Noodle Boy worked at. He was getting answers here. No matter what.

"Who's that? He looks… I dunno. Tired? That seems wrong." He pointed at Noodle Boy, who was leaving just then. His face was blank as a sheet of paper. Like always.

"We don't know what happened." The man sitting next to him looked sad. "After… Well, one day he started getting number and number. We don't really know why."

"So there was a specific event? Was it traumatic? If so, you should check for brain damage."

"I shouldn't tell you the specifics, that's really personal." He immediately began slurping his noodles very vigorously to escape the conversation.

"Hmmm…" He rubbed his chin. "Thank you." He left without getting any noodles, to Mr. Tang's suspicion.

MK returned after he delivered all the noodles, faster than average. Probably because he didn't get distracted or emotional. Not out of character. Not anymore.

Red Son waited until he was on his break. The Noodle Boy came out, looking as empty as ever. He stepped out of the shadows, still disguised, and greeted him.

"Hello! I noticed you look a bit tired. Is everything okay?"

"Yes. I'm not tired. I'm just emotionless."

"Huh. That's… odd. Why?"

"Is there a reason for you to know?" He looked infuriatingly calm. Like he didn't even care he was being asked deeply personal questions by a stranger, and it made Red Son so mad.

"Why are you numb?! What happened, Noodle Boy?!" He yelled, dropping his disguise.

"I can't tell you." MK replied. He had no other reaction, as always.

"It must be a spell! I'm going to break it, don't you worry Noodle Boy! You'll be your annoying self in under a week, we won't even need to leave a note it'll be so fast!" He grinned cheerfully, picking MK up.

He didn't struggle. "Please leave a note. They will get worried quickly."

"Fine." He took a scrap of paper and a pen out and scribbled down
     'I am taking the Noodle Boy away so I can break his curse turning him numb. I will not hurt him, of course. That's improper rival etiquette. He will be back and lively as ever in a week at the longest. Sincerely, Red Son.'
He pushed it under the curtain in the doorway, and whooshed off in a burst of flame to fix whatever was wrong with MK.

[Any theories? I'm curious about where y'all think this is going! Don't worry I have a reason for MK's numbness already-]