Talk With Mother

Ariella waits until nightfall to go back to the water, "I'll be back in the morning." Arthur nods. Once night falls Ariella makes her way to Atlantis to find Queen Amphitrite. Once she locates her mother, Amphitrite, Poseidon, and Orm. "Ariella, where have you been all day?" Poseidon asks. "I've been on land, Papa. You know I'm a Land dweller by day." Poseidon looks at his daughter, shaking her head. "Mother, I was hoping you and I could talk about something, alone." Amphitrite nods, "Of course we can, darling." Orm stands in front of Ariella, "Don't get used to going on land, I've told you once you become my Queen we will rule Atlantis my way." Ariella rolls her eyes, grabs her mother's hand, and swims out of the room to her bedroom. Ariella pulls her mother inside and they sit down on her bed. "He's a nice boy." "Orm is not a nice boy, mother." Amphitrite shakes her head, "No, Arthur. From how you speak so highly of him." Ariella smiles, "Yes, he's very sweet." "That's not what you wanted to talk to me about, is it?" Amphitrite asks, Ariella shakes her head. "No, it's Orm...Mother I don't want to be betrothed to him, he's going to hold me prisoner." "Darling, I don't think he'll hold you, prisoner." "Mother, he said I wouldn't go back on land, I live on the land in the day." Amphitrite sighs, "I'm sorry darling, my hands are tied." "How?" Amphitrite gets up and swims to the door, "I am the one who requested you be betrothed to Orm, I'm sorry." Ariella looks at her mother, "What, why?" "You two were always close as kids-" Ariella cuts Amphitrite off, "As kids, then he turned into a jerk! Arthur and I became friends when I first went on land, Orm was always bullying me!" Amphitrite opens the door, "I'm sorry, darling." Amphitrite swims out of the room. Ariella swims back to the throne room, "Why do you hate me so much?" She asks her mother.