Chapter 2

-Present-

Aizawa placed the two cases on the enormous desk in front of Monterio, the head of the Hassaskai. The middle-aged man shook his head and laughed. "You brought back the money and the drugs?" He covered his mouth while a cough escaped with laughter. "How did you pull it off this time?"

As Aizawa relayed the events to Monterio, his eyes softened with amazement. "You amaze me." He said as he opened both cases briefly to inspect their contents. He stepped around the desk. "Kage," He added, placing a hand on Aizawa's shoulder. "Well done. And to think you did it all without a quirk. You never cease to amaze me." He walked to the window and considered the rain that pattered against the window. "I want to talk to you about a possible job." The older man adjusted his suit lapel in the reflection of the glass and turned to face Aizawa. "It's confidential. No one must know about this."

"Understood sir." Aizawa nodded.

"It's going to be dangerous as well, so I want you to consider this very carefully before..."

A brief knock sounded at the office door, and Omori strolled through the heavy wooden door, her silver hair tumbling down her shoulders. "Father, I wanted to talk to you about-" She turned her head then noticed Aizawa and stopped short, her cheeks colored. And as usual she made a clumsy attempt to amend her rash actions. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a meeting with- I can come back later. It's not that important." She said she would leave, but she remained frozen in her steps. Aizawa stiffened.

Monterio looked from his daughter to Kage. Kage, the tall, dark, devilishly handsome but quirkless boy who had walked into his life and completely changed the game. Kage was a ghost, never seen at a scene, and undetectable and was practically undefeated in combat. He was exceptional. With his mission planning and observation skills, he did not only get the job done, but either he'd come home with more than what was agreed upon or take out the competition entirely. And tonight was no exemption.

He smiled to himself and watched Kage watch his daughter. "Omori, what can I do for you? You should be at home. It's late."

Omori swallowed hard and snapped her gaze to her father. "Yes of course. I lost track of the time. I'll just talk to you at home then." She turned to leave.

"It's pouring, and besides, it's too dangerous for you to go home alone. I'll have Yuno bring the car around." He walked towards his daughter and rested a hand on her head.

"It's fine father, Yuno is driving Kai tonight." She dropped her gaze. "I can always wait till you're finished here."

"Nonsense. Kage can take you."

Both Aizawa and Omori stiffened.

"Please wait outside my dear." He kissed her forehead. Kage will be right out.

She nodded quickly and left the room, shutting the door behind her with a soft click.

"We will discuss the particulars of this job tomorrow. You better get Omori home before she tries to go herself." Monterio returned to his desk.

Kage nodded and made his way to the door. "I'll keep her safe sir." He reached for the doorknob.

"Thank you."

Kage nodded silently once more and stepped outside into the hallway.

"Oh, and Kage!" He called to him, summoning him back inside the office. "You are one of the most honorable men I've ever had in the Hassaikai. You know what lines can and cannot be crossed. I trust you with anything. That includes my daughter."

With a final nod, Aizawa slipped out the door and down the hallway. He could see the elevator already going down. It'd be faster if he took the stairs.