2) What am i supposed to do?

15:25

I left the classroom in a hurry to go to work. My bag was heavy from all the books and notebooks that I had randomly stuffed in the morning. The weight ended up making me a bit tired. I really need to work out...I should get on a diet too... is there a diet that lets me eat chicken nuggets for breakfast? I'll google it later...

I don't have a car like every other uni student so I have to either walk or take the bus. And...well... neither is likeable. But I'd rather take the bus than walk so...I'll have to deal with it for now.

16:00

I took the bus and ended up marking it on time. I work at a family run business in the mall. It's one of those kiosks with a bunch of cool little gadgets for kids. So, as you could probably imagine, i have to deal with a lot of children...most of them are calm and fun but then there are the occasional spoiled kids with their spoiled parents. 🙄

It was Tuesday so we didn't really have a lot of customers so I decided to just sit down and scroll through twitter and Instagram. Occasionally liking a few posts and saving some reels.

"h-hello?"

Startled, I looked down and saw a little boy who looked to be about 7 or 8 years old.

I look up expecting to see his parent or guardian but was surprised to see no one.

"Um.. can you help me? I.. I don't know where my mommy is..." his eyes started to tear up as he said that.

I instantly start to panic. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? IVE NEVER BEEN IN THIS SITUATION BEFORE...

"Uh- o-okay, it's- uh- it's okay...I'll help you" I could hear the insecurity in my voice.

Should I get someone else to help this boy? No.. i can't leave him with a stranger. what if that person is a pedophile... i cant. JEEZ Y/N SUCK IT UP, HELP THIS CHILD

"Okay, well... I'm Y/n! whats your name?" I said in the peppiest voice i could muster.

"I'm.. I'm Daniel, people call me Danny though.." he said in quiet voice.

"Okay, Danny. Do you know where you last saw your mom?" I asked.

"Uh, i saw her at the churro stand over there." He said while pointing at the churro stand next to us.

"Okay, well, you should stay here and wait for you mom to come looking for you. Don't worry it'll be okay." I said patting the child on the head.

"But... what if... what if she forgot about me..." Danny started to tear up and before I knew it he was bawling his eyes out.

Crap crap crap, people are staring. They're gonna think I'm stealing this child or something.

I took a small stuffed bear from the kiosk and slowly handed it to the little boy. Hoping it could calm him down.

Sniff sniff "tha-thank sniff y-you"

Thank the Lord it calmed him down. I'll pay for the bear later.

We sat there for a while, just talking and sharing stories. We played with some of the toys at the kiosk and were having a decent time until Suddenly a women approached us

THIS IS PROBABLY HIS MOTHER, THANK THE LORD, MY SHIFT IS ENDING SOON AND I STILL NEED TO GO FIND ANOTHER JOB.

I started to get up, I had a genuine smile on my face from the joy that this boy will finally get to go back to his mother. As she approached i realized she looked a bit distressed... or was she mad? I mean, I guess it makes sense. She did just lose her child for like an hour in a MALL. It can be pretty scary.

"Hi! You must be Danny's mo-"

SLAP

My face stung. I looked back up to see the women start yelling at me.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY CHILD AWAY FROM ME!? YOU DISGUSTING PEDOPHILE! GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

She grabbed my tea from the kiosk and threw it on me. Thankfully it wasn't hot enough to burn me but it was still hot enough to sting.

I couldn't comprehend what was happening. The people around us were not even paying attention to what was going on. They just kept walking. Some turned and laughed at the scene thinking it was some comedy act or something.

She took her kid by the arm and started to take him away.

I just stood there. Completely in awe of what just happened. Completely soaked.

I probably shouldn't have asked for a large...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N : AIGHT SO UH ITS PRETTY LATE RN FOR ME SO IMA GO TO BED NOW. I HAVE THE SATS TOMORROW SO I SHOULD BE SLEEPING. 😳 this story is going a long pretty slowly but I promise to push it as quickly as I can without making it look rushed or cringey. I don't proofread so if I mess up I'll try to fix it as soon as possible :)

Quote of the day: THE MITOCHONDRIA IS THE POWERHOUSE OF THE CELL ❤️😤✊🏼