20. Chapter

Even after sleeping over the whole thing, something changed.

They were no longer having breakfast together, no goodbye kisses, no unessential text messages, always going to bed at different times.

(Y/N) started avoiding his ex in the restaurant, a feeling of guilt coming up whenever he had eye contact with the dark haired.

But after a week something changed again.

They were having breakfast, goodbye kisses, all kinds of messages and the same bedtime.

Hiroto explained that he was overreacting back then, leaving (Y/N) with a strange feeling but nothing to be worried about.

Still, the distance between servant and costumer was remaining.

26th January, Tuesday, 1:20 pm

"My usual, but to go," Dazai sat down by the counter, smiling at the now taller male while resting his chin on his hands.

"Sure, ready in a bit," (Y/N) quickly delivered the order in the kitchen, coming back to mixing drinks in a now awkward situations as he felt an intense stare resting on him.

'Don't talk, don't talk, just leave or do something on your phone, please don't ta-'  "You know, I am hurt by your behavior."

An eye role and sighing later he questioned: "And why that, Dazai?" sounding more upset than hoped would slip out.

"Ouch," Dazai inhaled a sharp breath, "with exact this kind of behavior. Oh, and by the fact that you avoid taking my order, serving me, smiling at me, eye contact and any other kind of contact."

"Yes, I am trying really hard to ignore you. You know, after my boyfriend noticed that we were having contact again," emphasizing 'boyfriend' before bringing some guests their drinks.

"So, he doesn't like that you are having contact with your ex?" the brown haired asked, pretending dumber than he was.

"Of course not!" (Y/N) angrily whispered, "Who would like their partner to have contact with their ex since there is always a possibility of falling in love again?!"

Ohhh, so you are catching feelings for me? Again?" Dazais eyes seemed to spark up as he spoke, grinning like he finally succeeded in committing suicide.

Sadly, he was not, which made (Y/N) fight the strong impulse of banging his head against the wall. He should not have said that. Oh no. Not good.

"That's not what- no, just no. Okay? I do not and even if, I would never tell you at my workplace. People talk. And my boyfriend can hear. I am not heartless like you, so I would break up with him nicely and cleanly, not leaving him behind."

The brown-haired male only stared in the other's eyes, not being impressed by his words, before (Y/N) got called back and set the bag of food in front of him a few seconds later.

"Have a nice meal, goodbye," (Y/N) smiled before turning around, doing his work while seeing Dazai leave the restaurant out of the corner of his eye.

Annoying. He was not catching feelings for this prick again. After all he was the one why (Y/N) was in this situation right now.

Being in a relationship that seemed to crumble, even though his boyfriend was not telling him, Hiroto was definitely still thinking about all of this. And he had to make it up, showing that he still loved him and only him.

But of course, (Y/N) did not have the privilege of an easy life when it comes to his relationships and boyfriends.

Dazai tried very hard to gain the younger male's attention when visiting his workplace, probably having gained new motivation to annoy the hell out of him since their last talk.

But at some point (Y/N) gave up the ignoring part, noticing that it did not change a thing about his current love life, only making his work life harder. And with that he also gave up thinking about what is right to do.

Since then, Hiroto also seemed more relaxed so that the young man had no longer to worry about their relationship.

Heyyy! I am sorry for not posting a chapter last week... I simply ran out of chapters and did not have the motivation to write...ups.

But here it is! The (now long awaited) new chapter! Not to spoiler anything, but I am hyped up for the next...three probably, or two.

See you all again next week, promise! Until then: Thank you all for reading and commenting, I hope you enjoy it ^^