Chapter 1

*Unknown's POV*

I rest my arm on one of the armrests on my throne, looking down at my loyal  ̶p̶u̶p̶p̶e̶t̶s̶  servants.

Reviving Ink and Error had been child's play to me.  After all, their souls belonged to me.  I could do whatever I wanted with them.

Ink and Error both look up at me with no readable expression on their faces.  

With how still and straight they were standing, they almost looked like statues.  With the empty look in their eyes, they almost looked dead.

I chuckle quietly to myself.

"Error," I say, snapping my fingers.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" he asks, voice flat and devoid of any emotion.

Devoid of emotion is good.  That means nothing can prevent him from following my every order.  Still, I must know if he's ready to fight this war with me.

"How do you think your dear mate is doing?" I ask, squinting at him.

Error hesitates.  For just a split millisecond, his eye sockets brighten in an emotion I don't recognize before dulling back to their expressionless shade.

"I don't know, Your Majesty," he says, his voice as flat and expressionless as before.

I sigh in slight frustration.  I underestimated just how strong mate bonds were.  No matter what I did, I couldn't completely erase Core.  He still had some lingering memories of her, memories that I couldn't seem to erase no matter what I did.  

Memories that wouldn't disappear if I didn't break that mating bond.

Memories that wouldn't disappear if I don't kill Core.

As long as those memories existed, I can't send Error off to fight for me.  That was frustrating, as out of Error and Ink, Error was, without a doubt, much stronger.

I could just go off and kill her on my own, but if I leave this world, then the bindings holding 404 might weaken. I needed 404 to stay here if I wanted my plan to succeed.

That was fine though.  I believe Ink should be enough.

I call out to the former Creator.  He responds with a monotonous "Your Majesty."

"This is your mission from me," I say.  "Kill Blue and Core.  Try to kill Core first so your counterpart can help you kill Blue, but I don't really care who dies first as long as they're both dead."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Ink says, kneeling on one knee and bowing his head to me before standing back up and disappearing into a puddle of ink that appears underneath his feet.  

"As for you, Error."

"Yes, your Majesty?" Error says.

Their monotonous voices were starting to bore me.  However, I can't let any of their emotions escape the internal bottles I put them in.  Having to bear the monotonous talking is a small sacrifice that I can take.

"There's a specific someone I need you to take out for me," I say.  "But don't go off to him right away.  For now, wait for until I send you off."

Error nods his head.

This person that I want Error to kill, I'm less confident about Error having the capability to take him out.  However, I am more confident of Error being able to hold on until Ink kill off Blue and Core.

All I need to do is kill Core and Blue, then I can pursue my ambition without anything standing in my way.  

-----

*Blue's POV*

"So, what did you think of my mentor?" I ask eagerly, opening a portal into the Doodle Sphere and walking through it with Core.

"Well, he's likable, I guess," Core says.

I beam in excitement.  I knew that Core knew Alpha was Ink's mentor before he was mine, so I was afraid that this first meeting would go bad.  But Core didn't attack Alpha, so I'd say it was a mission accomplished!

"Blue, I think I'll head home," Core says.  "I just need some...me time."

"Alright, see you later, Core!" I say as Core mutters a quiet "bye" and opens a portal into the Anti-Void.

After she leaves, I lay myself down on the ground and look up at all the glowing sheets of paper floating above me.

About five month ago, I remember feeling so powerless after Error's death.  Now, I can't help but feel proud of the good my work had brought to the Multiverse.  The Doodle Sphere looked so bright and full of life.

As for the moment, I was thinking of what I should do during truce week.

I debated going back to my Underswap timeline to visit my brother and my friends.  It had been a while since I went back to visit them.  Being a Creator was a busy job.  I barely had free time to sew, much less visit my family and friends back home.

Actually, maybe I will go back home.  It's not like I have much more else to do anyways.

I open my hand, the palm of my hand facing upwards.  A glowing sheet of paper moves from its place in the air and zooms to my hand.  I grab onto it with two of my fingers and enter the world.  

After a bright flash of light, I no longer find myself in the Doodle Sphere.  The Snowdin of my Underswap world forms around me and, soon, I find myself on soft, cold snow, right in front of my brother's corn dog stand.

"Brother!" Papyrus exclaims, running from behind his corn dog stand to bring me into a tight hug.

"Heya, Paps!" I say, chuckling.  "It's truce week, so I decided to come home for a bit!"

"That's great!" Papyrus says.  "C'mon, let's go home.  Alphys and Undyne would be delighted to see you!"

A week with family and friends was exactly the kind of break I needed.

"Sure thing!" I say.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.

-----

*Core's POV*

I hated truce weeks.

Of course, Blue wouldn't have anything against it, but that's because he had family and friends to go back to.  All I had to go back to was an empty house in the Anti-Void.

Alone with nothing but my memories of my dead mate.

Maybe I should go visit 404.  I hadn't gone to visit him since I killed Ink.  It wasn't like I had anything better to do anyways.

I rip open a portal into the Doodle Sphere and walk around it, looking for the dark blue sheet of paper with the number 404 on it.  After finding it, I lash out at it with a dark red string from my finger, pulling it towards my open palm.

I try entering it, but I find that I can't.  The world was locked down.

That was strange.  404 usually always left his world open for me to enter.

I shrugged and went back home to make a cup of hot cocoa.

404 was the strongest being in all of the Multiverse.  He was probably just being difficult.

There was no way anything bad could come to him...

Right?