Chapter 65: Frozen

It was the next morning. I was still in Owens arms and I don't think he had any bad dreams last night which was good. I didn't even want to go home without him. I wanted to stay with him at all times.
I got out of the bed slowly so I didn't wake him up to see his phone blow up in messages.

It was Ashley.

_____________Ashley Burner_____________
9:40
Ashley
OWEN PLEASE

9:52
Ashley
You can't leave me alone like this

10:49
Ashley
Owen I'm starting to get suicidal thoughts please...

now
Ashley
I need you.....

read at 3:00am
____________________________________

I didn't care. She's pure evil and just manipulating him to spend time with her. So I left her on read and blocked her from every social and number he had her on.

I don't have time for her bull shit.

I heard Owen get up in a groan. I must have woken him.
"What's wrong." He questioned in a deep husky sleeping voice.
"Nothing everything is great." I answered
I didn't want to worry him. He deserves sleep.
"Tell me Z." He demanded as he could barely keep his eyes open.

"I was just checking the time. Go to sleep." I remarked caressing his cheek. I'll tell him in the morning
"Ok, come here." He mentioned tapping the side of the bed next to him.
I smiled as I laid back with him placing his phone under his pillow.
He kissed my forehead and we both slept.

————
It was the next morning and we had been ready to leave by the busses.
I was with Owen of course, but I texted the girls letting them know I would stay with him for a while. Just in case he had a mental thing or ran into Ashley.

Speaking of which I hadn't told him about her and what I did. He was in a good mood why ruin it?
And I hadn't seen her around either.

"Alright it was great having you guys over at Palm Springs Camp! Hopefully I'll get to see you later.."
Jeffry announced loudly in a happy tone

"but has anyone seen Ashley Burner??" He added looking over our heads
I looked at Owen who had been looking around too, as questioned lingering upon his facial expression.
"She hasn't been texting me I wonder where she is." Owen stated looking at his phone.

I shrugged my shoulders in question knowing exactly what I did. Maybe I'll just tell him on the bus.
"Alright everyone load the busses please. Starting with this group." Jeffry announced pointing to my group.
Thank God, the sooner we are out of here we don't have to deal with Ashley.

Owen and I got on the bus strolling down the bus to sit in the back. I made sure I took the seat with the window and he had his ear buds in while his head leaned onto the seat in front of him.
I looked out the window to see if she was there as the bus started to move.

I saw her by the entrance she was with cops and they hand cuffed her seating her in the cop car.
Thank God.

A breath slipped through my mouth in relief.
That's one step to Owens pain going.
"Owen." I turned to him catching his attention
"Yea?"
"The other night I wasn't checking the time... I blocked all of Ashley off your phone." I admitted a little hesitant scared of how he would react.

"Oh." He said with a blank expression on his face.
"It's just cause she was spamming you and I just wanted you to be-"
He interrupted my words with a kiss.
"Don't worry about it, I don't care." He laughed, making me smile

"Well okay, good." I stated with pride.
"I just can't wait till this weird phase of mine is over. I'm tired of living like this." He sighed
"Step by step." I mentioned rubbing his back.
"Mhm." He hummed placing his head onto my lap putting his ear buds back into his ears.
————-

We were back at the school. And we got off the bus, I missed it here I guess it was a nice environment and it made me feel happy, only happy memories came from here but ever since we hit camp it's been nothing but tragedies..
The school looked bigger then it was before, maybe just in my eyes but still.

It was the same old big beautiful, rich school. The teachers had said before that the parents were waiting inside. I couldn't wait to hug my mom. I had been missing her hug for a while now. Even Linda's I missed them both entirely.

I saw Angel by Ryan walking into the school. Making me in a hurry to go in.
"Owen let's go." I rushed him tugging on his arm looking straight at the school
But he wasn't moving.

"Owen?" I looked back at him to see he was gazing at something. More like some one.
It was Ashley again.
She was walking towards us.

My heart dropped pounding fast looking at Owen who just froze. It was like it was happening all over again.

"Hi Owen." Ashley uttered with a soft smile rubbing her wrists.
Owen didn't respond.
"What the fuck are you doing here." I hissed at her silently
"Owen why did you block me on everything." She asked innocently completely ignoring me.

Now she was getting on my nerves
Owen still didn't say anything.
"Owen it's fine, I'll take care of it." I uttered pushing him behind me.
"I'm not here to fight I just want to talk to him. Alone."She snarled looking at me.
"You are ruining him Bitch." I scolded her in disbelief.

"I just want to talk!" She snapped
My breathing got heavier in anger
"Zara it's fine.. don't worry I'll be fine." Owen finally spoke holding onto my arm.

I stepped back pulling him with me.
"You don't have to do this Owen." I sighed pulling him closer to me
"I know she just wants to talk... I'll be okay." He replied giving me a kiss on the forehead.
_______

Owen POV

I walked up to her as my heart pounded at of my chest.
"What the fuck do you want?" I questioned her in anger.
"I'm sorry for the pain I've cause you." She sighed
I stayed quiet
"And I wanted to make it right, I wanted to try and make you get back to your old self. And I'm sorry I took that from you." She added as her eyebrows frowned sadly

"I'll be turning myself in. And I am facing up to 5 years in jail."

"And if that means I could make things right with you. Then okay. Zara is good for you, don't leave her you need someone like her in your life." She smiled looking at Zara causing me to look at her.
She was still so pissed.
"I hope you find happiness Owen. And I hope that you can forgive me one day." She teared up
I nodded in response as she began to walk back to the cop car.

And it was like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I needed that.
I really did, it was the most selfless thing Ashley has ever done for me. As I watched her go back to the cop car Zara rushed to me.

"What did she say." She asked urgently waiting for my answer
"It's good it's all good." I stated watching the cop car leave
"What does that mean??" She asked again.
And in seconds I lifted her up from her feet swinging her around in my grip.

I heard her squeal in  excitement making her anger disappear.
"I feel good Zara. Finally." I beamed of joy kissing her while she was still in my arms.