Part 24

Dear diary,
I hate witches. Maybe one day I'll meet one that I could possibly like... if I survive this. The witches dragged me back towards the cemetery, even though every muscle in my body told me to stay with Klaus. To help him. As we came along the graveyard I could see the tombstones still simmering from the past rain. The redheaded witch continued to walk with me, her hands attached to my arm. I gave her the side eyes. Hoping she would give a reaction back, but she didn't, her face remained neutral. I was still wet from the rain and my mood have gone from bad to worst. I was also craving tea like Klaus promised to make once we got home. I guess that will have to wait a while. I huffed as we turn a corner into a little man-made shelter filled with rust from years of decay. I had no where to go, I was surrounded but witches. As we entered the covered area more witches appeared. The redheaded witch let go of my arm quickly causing me to stubble. I caught myself before I fell onto the gravel. "What is this place?" I asked looking around. Confused. Why hadn't I seen it before? No one answered my question. They all stood in silence. The witch with the platinum blonde hair began to speak. I guessed she was the coven leader. "Witches of the hollow I have brought you our fourth harvest girl" she said turning to face her fellow witches. They cheered in celebration. What in hell's name is a harvest girl? "This beautiful young lady with be sacrificed and then reborn for the sake of our coven" she happily said, extending her arm to me offering her hand to me. "Actually I'm not that young but thank you" I said faking a smile. I paused for a moment then took her hand. Her boney fingers made me what to vomit. She was like a skeleton. There was no way I was fighting off over 2 dozen witches. She walked me over to a group of 3 young girls, who all looked in between the ages of 16 and 17. Just like me. Well just like I would be. They were all wearing white silk dresses well the other witches wore black cotton dresses. I thought reached my mind. They said sacrifice, and they're were all wearing black like they were going to a funeral. This harvest ritual wasn't a sacrifice it was a massacre. They were slaughtering innocent young girl who didn't understand what was happening. It was wrong. I needed to stop it. I needed to stop the harvest.