Silhouette.

"Could I see the painting?"

"Unfortunately, you can't. The building was teared down. It was very old and not safe anymore, but I do have another one of his drawings. But you can't real see anything in it. It's just a silhouette. Like I told you: he just didn't get it. It happened a day later. I visted him, because we wanted to pay him for his work in the kindergarden. That's when I had the idea that he should paint me. Without help this time. I mean, we were alone. And what did he do? - this stupid silhouette painting. Literally, anybody could've down that, but when I was inside his house I could see all his other drawings. He put them in his hallway and I don't even know where to begin. They were all so very confusing. They were probably supposed to be abstract. For me, they where simply bewildered. Overall it looked terrible muddled at his place. Not dirty, but muddled and unorganized."

You're right, Charlie. Confusing and muddled and everything else you want them to be.

At first, I thought I was struck by lightning, but guys, Charlie really stood in my hallway. Luckily she came by in the afternoon and I was already somewhat awake and presentable.

I knew the moment she told me about the money, that she was lying. That money belonged to Charlie. She just used it as an excuse to see me. She was also intrigued by me.

I hesitated at first. So I asked:"Why? I didn't even do anything!"

She answered:"Still, without your guidance they wouldn't have made it."

I countered:"I know that this is your money."

She remembered:"True, but I'll get it back."

I still had some money left, but I still could've used it. Guys, don't worry, I still didn't take it.

I knew what that money meant. She thought I was some sort of vagabond so I declined to make her realize I wasn't

Afterwards she should've left but that's not Charlie. That just wasn't her style. She was probably as stubborn as me.

Than she requested that picture, just like that. I was dumbfounded for almost three seconds but than I had that idea with the candle. I sat Charlie on this old stool, closed the curtains, pinned a piece of paper on the wall and started to turn her head towards the light.

Sure, I could've just moved the old candle, but I'm not stupid. I held her whole chin and turned her head. Charlie gulped, but obeyed.

I almost went in for the win, but than I realized that I didn't actually wanted to win. I mean: I did want her, but not like that and not that day.

Also, she would've probably slapped me twice. Maybe even more.

So I stayed calm and drew her silhouette.

As soon as I was done she immediately went:"Give it to me! I want to send it to my fiancée, he's in the army."

Don't even think for a second that the mention of a fiancée hurt me or somewhat made her less appealing to me. Being engaged does not mean married.

And that was also the moment I really realized that Charlie felt some thing for me as well. As soon as a fiancée is mentioned, you know that there was something for her to worry about.

I obviously didn't give her the silhouette. I said something about it not being quite done yet.

Honestly, i just wanted to keep it for myself, but Charlie didn't like that. She hissed:"You can't even draw. Not good anyway. That's just a excuse for something you're hiding. And you're saying that you're from Philadelphia, but I can tell you're not. You don't have a real work and you're not earning any money with your paintings."

I immediately countered:"Most people work all their life's and the little bit left of freedom they have, scares them so much, so they try to get rid of that little time as well."

Charlie didn't answer. Maybe she didn't understand a word of what I said. I stole that from that stupid book as well, the one I read about ten times by that time.

Longest chapter so far?

Also, what do you think of Charlie????

new cover, yay or nay?

the picture on top shows what I meant with the silhouette thigg. I don't know what the correct term in English is but when I translated the german word for that art style it said silhouette sooooo, just going with it unless someone corrects me.

this chapter is dedicated to deadpoet cause she's always one of the first to vote! :)