|Chapter One : Prologue|

She's crying, holding the hands of a man, who's double her age.

"Please don't do this. Aisa mat karo." she pleads to him.

"Mujhe ye ladki nahi chahiye. Toh na toh ye yahan rahegi aur naa tu!" the man shouts and pushes her harshly such that she falls on the floor.

She's a timid girl, only 15 years old. She has birthed a baby few hours ago. The man is double her age and seems to be her husband. She is pleading the man to let go of the girl, whom she has birthed.

" Usko maar ke tumhe kya milega? Main yahan se door chali jaungi. Meri bachi ko mat maaro." She cries, trying to stop the man.

He pushes her with his leg,such that she falls on the floor. He makes her stand holding her hair tightly.

"Mujhe varis chahiye, vo toh tu de na saki. Ye ladki toh maregi. Ye mere kisi kaam ki nahi. Ab chup rah, aur jo main kar raha hoon, mujhe karne de." He says gritting his teeth and then jerks her down.

She joins her hand, still pleading with the man to leave her baby. But, the man turns deaf to her pleadings and leaves the room.

She calls for her husband again and then breaks into tears.

*****
"Nahiii!"

She wakes up with a jerk. She's sweating badly and breathing heavily. She sighs - - it's just a dream. She feels wetness on her cheeks. She rubs off her tears and at the same time, a little girl - - five years old comes running to her.

"Mumma!" she says and climbs up the bed.

She embraces the girl in her arms and kisses her head.

"Mumma! Aap so rahe they na!! Isliye Ruhi bahar ke room mein chali gayi thi

"Mumma! Aap so rahe they na!! Isliye Ruhi bahar ke room mein chali gayi thi." she says assuming that her mother is panicking because she was not near her.

She is Ruhi aka Ruhanika Mehra and her mother is Ruhana Mehra. They live in a small rented flat, which has a bedroom, hall and kitchen. The little girl rushes into the room hearing her mother's scream.

Ruhanika hugs her mother and kisses her cheek. Being the only child and seeing how her mother handles her and other things, she knows how much things around her affect her.