Retold! Sans x Reader {A Story}

(both of you are gender-neutral)

You woke up in a white void. Where were you? Who were you? How did you get here? Your head pounded as you studied the area. Lots of string. Blue string. You grabbed your head. You are... Y/n... But... What was your purpose? You got up and looked around again. You were hoping to find someone in here. But all you saw were hearts in the sky. You pouted and started walking. After walking for a while, you're thinking of giving up. But something inside you told you to keep going. So you walked the distance. It had to be worth it.

Finally after the walk. You stopped. You were met with a grey lump on the ground. It had blue strings coming out of it. You walked closer to it. It moved. You stopped. "Uhm... Hello?" The lump shot up. It was a skeleton. By the looks of it, they were crying. They wore a lot of greys. They also had blue strings wrapped around their wrist and arms. "I- W-who are you?" They asked. Their voice was dry. Must be from the sobbing. You shuffled a bit "I'm Y/n!" The skeletons sat down and rubbed their socket. "Retold." They froze for a while as their pinpricks darted to you. They moved away. "I-I know what he's trying to do. Go away. I already dealt with enough puppets today..." You tilted your head "Puppets?" Retold glared at you. "You really like playing dumb huh?" They summoned a dragon skull as their left eye turns red. "Leave." You backed away. What was going on? "I-I'm not playing dumb! I just woke up here and s-started walking. H-honest! And I don't even know who this 'Error' is." Retold studied you before de-summoning their weapon with a sigh. 

"Fine... I believe you..." Retold sat down and fiddled with their scarf. You slowly went beside them and sat down. Retold didn't seem to be bothered by that. They turned their head to you. "So... What else do you remember?" You tapped your chin. "I'm not sure... Other than my age which I am [18 - 25] years old... I don't remember anything else... I don't even know my gender..." Retold perked up. "So... Do you consider yourself gender-neutral?" You shrugged "I guess. But what is gender-neutral?" Retold chuckled "It means you have no gender or is not sure about what gender you are." You hummed then smiled "I guess I am gender-neutral then!" Retold gave you a soft smile "I guess you are kid." You pouted "I'm not a kid- Plus, you're shorter than me!" Retold chuckled "Sure kid."

---------------

It's been a while. 

You didn't know how long because Retold said there was no time in the anti-void. But Retold enjoyed your company. They liked to talk to you. Why are you calling them a they? Cause they never told you their gender. So to be polite, you're calling them a they. You were trying to find a way to loosen the strings around Retold. Retold held back a scream when you try to loosen it. But you stopped realising it gets tighter. "Oh shit-" You searched your pockets you didn't know existed until the author said so... We'll just ignore that. Conveniently, you found a swiss blade in your pocket. You start to cut the string while asking them "Why do we need to do this now?" Retold rubbed their free wrist "Because Error might come back. And If he sees you, your soul would be taken." You tilted your head "Soul?" Retold looked to you then pointed up to the upside-down wite heart "Yeah. That's my soul." You looked at it in awe. 

Retold took off the extra string around their hands "Hey Y/n. Can you aim for the string above my soul?" You looked to them with an unsure look. "But- What if I hit it!" Retold chuckled. "I doubt it. But if you do hit it, it was better you than Error." You gulped and aimed your knife. You were scared. What if you do kill Retold!? As you thought that you felt a pair of hands over your [Dominant Hand]. You turned to look at Retold. They just chuckled. "Hey, just in case." Your face heated up as you turned back to the soul. You felt their breath near your ear... It tickled. You pulled back your hand and threw the knife. You closed your eyes and held closer to Retold. They wrapped their arms around you. For comfort.