Part 25

Dear diary,
What I am supposed to do? I can't save everyone. As I stood in silence next to the 3 harvest girls in white, I couldn't help to realize we had nothing in common. The first girl looked happy and she was perfectly behaved. The second girl looked sad but willing to participate. And the third girl looked angry but not angry even to act. I probably looked confused. The witch with the platinum blonde hair walked back over to me holding a white silk dress, the same dress the other girls were wearing. "I'm sorry white makes me look pale so I'll pass" I sighed at her. She raised her eyebrows at me. "What are you going to do? Kill me? Then you wouldn't have your fourth harvest girl" I giggled. Happy that I was getting under her skin. I looked back at her too see her hands turning to fists. I smirked at her angry. "But it's tradition" the first girl said pouting I turned to face her. Her sparkling eyes staring into my soul. Popular girls have always scared me. "Fine" I sighed taking the dress from the blonde witches hands. Feeling the soft sheer material between my fingertips. The witches lead me to a little room inside the man-made structure so I could change. Inside the tiny room there was a wooden desk and a small bed. The bed was small enough for a child. I gave a weak smile. I liked kids and someday I wanted some of my own. If I survived this. I changed into the white silk dress. The dress flowed down my body, hugging every curve. The long sleeves made me look more mature and sophisticated. Two words I definitely was not. I threw my dirty red dress on to the small bed. I was a little pleased with the change of outfits. The red dress I was wearing was old and worn down and deserve to burn in the fire. I walked out of the room. A little self conscious. The 3 harvest girls smiled at me. Reassuring me. But I couldn't smile back. Not with the knowledge that they were going to die. That we were all going to die. The witches lead us all out to the middle of cemetery. Us harvest girls walked in order from first to last. I walked behind them slowly examining each tombstone as we passed them. Memorizing each name... each death. As we reached the middle of the cemetery. It looked similar to a stage. The blonde witch stood on the platform amplifying her voice. She reached her hand to the first harvest girl. A knife in her other. I pushed past the crowd. My white dress flying behind me. Every stood still. No one was going to help her. Everything felt like it was moving in slowly motion. The continued to push though the crowd, but I wasn't fast enough. The blonde witch took the knife in her hand and sliced the first girl's neck. Killing her instantly. I reached her as she fell to the ground. Laying her down softly. I kneeled next to her. "No!" I breathed. I couldn't feel her spirit. She was gone. Her dark red fresh blonde stained my dress. "No" I breathed again. I forcefully stood up from the ground, my blood boiling. I turned away from the body and faced the blonde. I shook my head. "Never again" I whispered, magically lifting the blonde witch from the ground. She struggled dropping the bloody knife. Chocking. I lifted my hand guiding her movements. I threw her weak body against a wall. It cracking due to the force. The power I had. She coughed. The witches behind me began to chant incantation. Them hitting my back one by one. But I stood strong. I was unlike the others I could heal. "I here by ban the harvest" I shouted. Letting the blonde go from my grasp. She rubbed her neck in pain. "Who are you?" She mumbled. "I'm Grace Silas, look me up in the history books" I smiled turning to the rest of the witches. "How? You were supposed to be a myth!" The third harvest girl asked me. I shrugged "Magic".