XV

❤︎ ^ Amelie's dinner outfit. This is a really long chapter so it took a while to edit but it's here! Thank you so much for reading! Xx
__________________________________

ɪ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ Vincenzo meant when he said a month was like a day because a week seemed to fly by.

Every day was the same, I'd be woken up in the morning with an abundance of food, bathed, dressed and then either Aziel or Enrica would tour me around the castle. By the time we were finished, I'd go back to my room, each and then get ready for bed.

Vincenzo stayed as far as he could. The only time I'd seen him was walking through the halls, he nodded and gave me a smile that I failed to return. Sometimes he'd wait outside my room doors in hopes I would talk to him, but I didn't.

Things weren't getting easier. I managed to find control of my strength but sometimes I accidently shatter a cup with my grip or run something and find myself the whole way down the hall in seconds.

My fangs slowly started coming in and one morning I woke to a glass of blood on my bedside table. There was a note:

Drink this. I promise you will feel better,

Enzo

Did he think all of this was because of a craving? Typical. I studied the glass of blood for ages, the sweet scent trickled down my senses and begged me to taste, my fangs grew just from the heavenly scent, but I resisted and spilled the contents down the bathroom sink. Pevensie arrived that morning surprised but delighted I had drunk it. I let her believe the lie.

Now I walked the castle grounds with Aziel, as he told me about the history of the gardens. I half heartedly listened.

"Something seems to trouble you." He finally said as we walked into a garden of roses.

"Hmm?" I turned to look at him but only received a soft smile.

"If I didn't know any better from Enzo's behaviour, I'd say the conversation the two of you had last week didn't go as planned."

"How are you supposed to love someone through an oracle?" I stopped walking and turned to Aziel. "I don't understand. Vincenzo claims that he loves me when he barely even knows me."

"It's the soulmate bond." Aziel explained. "Usually, soulmates are reserved for werewolves or other kinds of creatures, but heirs of the Vampire Court are gifted them too. That's why they can make the heir act in such animalistic ways."

"You still aren't answering my question." I said.

Aziel smiled, asking for me to leave him finish. I stayed silent as we started to walk through the garden. "I am not a vampire heir and so I cannot speak from experience, but I've heard it's felt like a missing piece. All of your life you go feeling as if something in you is missing, once your soulmate is found everything clicks into place. The world becomes much brighter and beautiful, your whole mind and soul have a revolution of pure euphoria and suddenly, that person becomes your lifeline. To be without them causes you such pain and agony it drives you insane."

"You're saying Vincenzo loves me due to this bond." I said.

"Vincenzo's love for you is the bond." Aziel sighed, "I know it's difficult, trust me, Vincenzo is supposed to be the smart one in our friendship, but what he feels for you is unlike any love a human could possess. Just be... patient with him."

I huffed out a breath and held up my pink gown as I walked up the few stone steps leading to another level of the garden, Aziel held out a hand and helped me.