24

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♡ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮SECRETS ALMOST UNLOCKED╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♡ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

SECRETS ALMOST UNLOCKED
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ♡ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

GAMBIT COULDN'T BEAR THE fact that James would follow her most days.

Just to annoy her? Maybe.

Every step she'd take, he'd follow. She'd stop and turn, he'd smile at her innocently.

"Just because you like me doesn't mean you can follow me everywhere like a dog,"

"I'm not Sirius."

"... What?"

James had forgotten the girl still didn't know about them being Animagus, so he shook it off.

"Nevermind--but! Are you going to Professor Slughorn's party this holiday?"
His eyes twinkled, hoping she'd say no and he'll ask her to go.

"Maybe.. I'm not sure, why?"

"Oh nothing. Thought I could ask you to go together," He sighed, hands shoved into his pockets.

"I'm afraid I'd say no to your offer," The girl giggled, "I'm going with someone else already!"

"And besides, we're only friends, aren't we? No need to pout," Gambit grabbed his tie, adjusting it to properly hang from his neck.

"Pouting? Who's pouting? Definitely not me--alright, who are you going with?"
He gave in, leaning closer to the girl, waiting for her answer.

She tightened his tie, nearly choking him,
"You'll see!"

The Slytherin waves her hand as she walked away, her hair bounced as she took each step while he loosened his tie, chuckling out of disbelief.

⠀⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The girl was losing hair follicles as she made way to Professor Dumbledore's office. Knocking three times before the door opened, revealing the man she was waiting to see talking to a man--not much older than her--with long platinum, blonde hair.

"--and I'll have you see it, Dumbledore."

"I see, Lucius. I'm afraid I have business to take care off," The old man dismissed him, his arm stratching towards the exit.

Gambit had noticed the scowl on his face,

"I see we've got Ms. Gaunt finally in Hogwarts."

"Hello..."
She was confused. Was he insulting her? His tone sounded rather vile.

"I expect great things from you, dear,"
He smiled, but even his smile looked vile.

Unknown to Gambit that was his efforts for a genuine smile.

"Right--erm, Professor Sprout had wanted me to tell you about the greenhouse leaks..?"

Dumbledore smiled, escorting the young girl out as they walked together.

"Does your wound still hurt?"
He referred to the bruise on her cheek--it was slowly going away--but she still puts an ice pack every other day.

"No, not anymore sir. Marlene had it much more.. Got a black eye because of me," she pressed her mouth to a smile, "And a broken nose..."

"Well, I've definitely had some few duels but never a physical fight. Glad you're feeling at home at Hogwarts."

Yes. He did mean fights were normal at Hogwarts and it makes the school feel more home-y--in his words, which McGonagall doesn't agree with.

_______________________________________

Hey ya'll

Uhhhh it's time for my monthly leave again and I'll maybe not update for awhile

I am so sorry I keep disappearing, I get new ideas of another story and just get burnt out ultimately in the end.

And my finals are coming up tomorrow so I need to study 😩

Thank you for reading!

_______________________________________