Somehow, a pirate knew everything about me. Creepy.

When I woke up, my brain hurt. My memory was foggy, my ears were ringing, and I felt sluggish.

"Emma Miller, we have some questions for you," Black Widow said as she entered the interrogation room. Instead of wearing her civilian clothes like before, she was wearing her hero costume.

"You know you could've just asked them instead of drugging me!" I sent her a glare, but on the inside I was terrified. Worst case I could just use my powers to escape, but if my dad was behind this, then he expected that.

"I'm sorry about that, I had to. My name is Natalia Rushman. We just want to know about your father, make sure that you're not a threat. Then, if you cooperate, we'll send you home and back to your parents."

"You make it seem completely normal, yet let's just call it what it is. You are powerful, so you think you can do whatever you want without consequences. I am a child, and you have me in handcuffs."

Her face remained blank, unemotional. I knew what I said had gotten to her, because Natalia pulled out a key and unlocked the cuffs. They hit the table with a clatter, and the blood rushed back to my wrists.

"Unfortunately, this is all I can do. I will try to get you home as soon as possible, I promise,"

She left, and a man wearing an eyepatch entered. I assumed that this was Fury, the big scary boss.

"Emma Miller, age 16, born in Washington D.C. and reported missing at age twelve. Your parents' names are Patrick and Katliyn Miller," he immediately went to business, practically exposing my backstory. But the parts he didn't say were the most important. How much of a monster Parick really was, how he'd ruined my life.

"Here is how this is going down, you're going to be given a choice, Join the Avengers or disappear. Either way your name gets scratched of my list of threats," Fury said

"Has anyone really chosen the second one?" I asked

"You'd be surprised," He responded. "For some, both mean death, and Shield is much nicer than Hydra,"

"I'm not going to pretend to be an innocent kid, but I can tell you I will never be a threat to you. Just because I can't tell you about my past doesn't mean I'm guilty, it means I don't trust you or the organization you work for. I guess I'm joining the Avengers, congrats you're putting a sixteen year old on the frontline of humanity's defense,"