snow towns

the early winter morning came easy to the boys in the snow villages. two snow villages, both far away from the drama and chaos of the mainland. with the lakes frozen over and the nether travel roads being taxed to hell there really was no way for the boys to meet, stuck thousand of miles apart in separate snowy storms raking their front gardens with mass amounts of snow. the gardens they sat together once, in the soft light of the cold summer sunset, a time before the eggpires full takeover and a time before the great war of the prison. cloud rolled over menacingly causing the boys to seek shelter inside, in one house, tubbo, jack and foolish, in another ranboo and in the house in front sat techno and Phil. the rest of the smp may be under brutal total dictatorship order but the isolation in the deserted plains of snow felt more like a punishment than anything.

a bang from outside shook tubbo from his cold night of farming, he pulled on a coat and braved the harsh winds, a figure loomed in the darkness, shaking yet pushing forward to the blizzard, tubbo shouted out and a strangely familiar voice screamed back. the boys got close and the realisation hit harder than the icy snow, they held eahcother close and tubbo led the boy inside his warm cabin where the rest of the residents of snowchester lay sleeping on his heated floor.
'tommy, how did you even get here? are you ok?' tommy sat on the floor of the basement as tubbo wrapped him with as many blankets as they had spare. a few more minutes out in the harsh winter storm and his brain would be mush. they sat together in silence, basking in the warmth of the shittly heated walls, tubbo turned to grab something from a chest behind them and put on a music disc, tommy looked up and smiled, relaxing deeper into the bundle of blankets.
'theyre worst than schlatt tubbo, we have to... i had to leave i couldn't do it anymore, they don't accept you exist out here, the snow towns. they deny your existence, they made us feel crazy. the egg hates the cold Tubbo did you know that, the egg hates the cold' Tommy sighed and looked up to the ladder leading to the main house, Tubbo sat on the wall separating the villagers from the rest of the basement and smiled at him.
'i know Tommy, i know' a creak of the trap door snapped the boys attention back to the ladder, jack and foolish were staring down, in awe and disbelief, jack hopped down, ignoring the ladders and the almost deadly height, he ran over to tommy and hugged him tightly. foolish crept down the ladder, holding an artic fox in his arms and sat against the stairs, still too sleepy to process what was going on. the night storm swelled amongst them, making the wood of the cabin creek menacingly, the heat in the basement however felt nothing more than tommys base back at home. jack let go and coughed awkwardly, he sat next to tubbo but on the floor against the wall, he looked around at the strange prediciment that they had found themselves and smiled.
'how. how did you.' foolish murmed almost to himself. the smp was known for its insane security these days, an aulimate government ran state, the thing the boys in both snow towns strived so hard to get rid of. tommy sighed and shook his head. the secrets of the state were something to tale to the grave. the things that happened to lmanburg under schlatts rule seemed nothing but a smidge uncomfortable compared to the brutal living of that nation, so bad in fact that tommy braved the harsh winter blizzard across the whole frozen ocean to be as far away as he could.
'will they not have followed you?' jacks voice wavered, the fear of anyone discovering this safe haven made him want to plunge himself to the icy lagoon outside. the lagoon in question being a small fishing hole in the middle of the town's docks, the only source of food here these days were the fish they desperately searched for and the potatoes from tubbos extremely scarce farm in the darkest depths of the basement, the nuke warehouse had been reduced to nothing more than a centre to knit blankets with the thorns of the many unedible berry bushes once planted long ago, it used to be wool but as the seemingly unending winter worsened the sheep in the farm couldn't handle the harsh environment. tubbo being ultimatly the only source of power in this nation sent eh other two back off to bed and set Tommy up a bed next to his own on the cramped floor of the cabins upper floor, the heating system could only manage to heat one house these days, in the prime of their nation every house had private heating, the roads were heated and life was peak, but as their connection to the outside world got slowly cut off and the year long storms got more severe the heating cut off slowly, freezing up the doors of the vault, killing jacks fox and taking any ounce of warmth and safety away from the residents. every item they managed to salvage was shoved into unorganised chests in the basement and they slept bundled in blankets on the heated floor of the godsend that was tubbos log cabin.