part 8 - jealousy

I woke up in the dark. The only light was coming from the open laptop laying unsteady on the bed. Stu also fell asleep with his head on my chest. His hand was placed still on my thigh. 

I heard someone laughing in the hallway and sudden loud noise. "What the fuck is going on there?" I asked myself annoyed. I carefully shifted Stu off of me and got out of the bed. I opened the door and saw Murdoc with a girl laughing on the floor. Murdoc had a bottle of whiskey in his hand that was swaying almost spilling all of the alcohol out. 

- What the hell? - I looked surprised at what was happening in front of me. 

- Oh hey y/n. - Murdoc laughed as the girl was trying to take off his shirt in front of me. - Not now Chloe, someone is watching. - he winked and laughed again. 

- Omg! I totally didn't see you there! - shouted the girl drunkenly and tried to get up, but couldn't. - We sort of fell. My name is Chloe. - she tried to smile, but it was more of a wince. 

I didn't believe what I was seeing. 

- What all of this is supposed to mean? - I waved my hand at the floor and looked at Murdoc. 

- What are you talking about babe? - he asked smiling as the girl was trying to kiss him stumbling all over. - Me and this lovely lady met at the pub, had some drinks, a little too much if you ask me, and decided to come back here to spend a splendid evening. Ain't that right Chloe? - the girl didn't respond, but neither of us cared. We looked into each other's eyes. He was definitely checking to see if he could get some sort of reaction out of me, but I tried as hard as I could not to give it to him. 

- Well if you excuse me, we will be going to my room. - Murdoc got up and pulled Chloe with him. He put his arm around her and smiled as they went by me. They didn't get too far as Chloe unexpectedly stopped. 

- What's up? - he asked surprised. 

- I think I'm going to...- she suddenly vomited. 

- Oh fuck! - Murdoc jumped back as if burned, looking at his shoes not to get dirty. - God damnit. 

I hesitated for a bit whether to help them or to leave Murdoc alone, but I decided to help either way. I grabbed the girl under my arm and automatically started to lead us to the bathroom. He looked at me uncertainly but held her from the other side. We got to the toilet and she couldn't stop puking. I tied her hair with my hairband and straighten up.

- Well, she got alcohol poisoning. - Murdoc said as he took a sip out of his bottle that he still managed to bring with him there. 

- Well, no shit. - I said annoyed. - You brought her here, aren't you the one who suppose to take care of her? - I asked. 

- But you're doing such a great job already. - He tried to smile innocently. 

- Don't piss me off Murdoc. 

- Wait, what's your problem? - he said in a defensive tone. 

- Nothing, but if you like to bring girls here, maybe make sure first that they're even alright. This is not a public house, you know? 

- Why are you making such a big deal out of it? I'm not telling you what to do with your life. - he said still standing in the door frame. 

- Oh forget it. You're so childish anyway. - I tried to make my way out of the bathroom, but he blocked my exit. 

- I'm childish? You're not my fucking mother to tell me what to do in my own house. - I could see his face getting more red. 

I was going to say something, but Chloe tried to get up and ended up laying on the floor. 

- Fuck...- I sighed and got near her. - You okay? I think a bath will make you feel better. - I turned around. - Well don't be standing there useless, find her some pyjamas and I will take care of the rest. 

- Wait, can I stay and watch? - he joked, but my killing stare washed the smile off his face. - Damn, alright. 

He closed the door behind him. I filled the bath with water, took the girl's clothes off and carefully placed her in. She was totally passed out and I made sure that she wouldn't drown. 

After a few minutes, Murdoc tapped on the door. I opened it and he (with his hand covering his eyes) gave me some clean clothes. 

- Tell me when you're done. I'll help you with carrying her. 

I nodded and get back to Chloe. 

Murdoc took her in his arms and carried her to a room next to his. He laid her down on an old mattress and I placed a bottle of water and some painkillers next to her that I found while he stayed with her for a bit. 

- She will probably need it for the next morning. - I said. 

We closed the door and stood there with an awkward silence between us. Murdoc scratched his head and was looking at his shoes. I also avoided eye contact. 

- Well, thank you for the help. I didn't think this night would end up like this. - he said hesitantly. 

- Sure... So I guess you counted for something different then? - I asked meddlingly. 

- Yeah, obviously. - he rolled his eyes. - Why, you're jealous or something? 

- No, why would I be? - I laughed. 

- Well, you've been looking at me weirdly this whole evening. - he gained his cockiness again. 

- I mean, you made a big deal out of nothing today, stormed out of the house and came back shitfaced drunk with some girl. Duh, that I was looking weird at you. - this time I rolled my eyes. 

- Nevermind. I'm going to sleep. - Murdoc turned around. - Have a sweet night with your boyfriend tho. I hope he won't bore you to death. 

I wanted to say something sarcastic to that, but I was honestly too tired to think of a good comeback, so I just walked away. I hesitated for a moment whether to go back to 2d's room or to go to my own. I looked through the ajar door to his room and saw that he was still laying in the same position as before. I thought that if I came in, he would've woken up and didn't want to disturb him, he had a pretty rough day. I quietly closed the door and went to my temporary room instead. 

I bothered to change into some clean clothes to sleep. I thought about that whole situation with Murdoc. I knew that his intention was to make me jealous, but I wasn't planning on letting him win. I decided to not care at all about his stupid ideas and comments. I had to hand to him that he was damn good at getting under my skin.