the day

She had manifested! Oralie was beyond happy, ecstatic even. She was 10 years old, and was the youngest ever to manifest as a Empath. Empath. Oralie the Empath. It had a nice ring to it. Her parents said they would throw her a party. One of those big fancy parties where everyone wears frilly ball gowns and dances the night away. Her gown would be pink. Different shades of pink layering over each one and other, making a beautiful dress that sparkled in the sunlight. She would keep the dress forever. She would wear bright red lipstick. Her mother had said it brings out her eyes. She would be the prettiest girl there. The centre of attention. One for everyone to look at. She ran downstairs ready to meet her Empathy mentor.

"Mother! Father! You're feeling happy aren't you!" She smiled.

"Yes, sweetheart, we're getting ready to plan the party." Her mother said.

"Wait. I feel something else. Sadness? No. Anger? No. Dread. Why are you feeling dread?" She asked.

"It's nothing for you to worry about." Her father replied.

"But father! I must know." She complained.

"Just focus on your party, we can go dress shopping tomorrow!" Her mother interrupted.

"Ok. Promise you'll tell me later?" She pleaded.

"Maybe in a few hundred years." Her father laughed. Oralie walked back up the stairs trying to take her mind off of the dread her parents were feeling. Maybe she was wrong. After all she had only manifested a couple days ago, she hadn't figured out what most feelings were. But... maybe, just maybe something was wrong. But she has no idea what. Her parents has seemed fine. Everything had seemed fine. But something was wrong and she was going to figure out what it was.