Something's Gotta Give

Magnolia

The next day, I had tried my best to keep my mind off of everything. Harold practically forced me to stay home, so here I am just laying on my bed thinking about it over and over again. My phone had buzzed so many times this morning and I know half of it was probably Aram checking up on me. The other half could have been Chris. A few of my things are still left at the house we shared. And by a few, I mean a lot, actually...

I tried to look at everything on the bright side. 

On the bright side, she died quick. On the bright side, I'm almost fully disconnected from Chris. On the bright side.... What am I thinking? I could have saved that woman. Maybe Rick wouldn't have been dead if Ressler was quick behind me. I can't blame anything on Ressler; I know better than that. There's just too many what-ifs.

My phone is ringing again. 

I shot a quick glance at the screen and it was Ressler. I guess I should answer this one.

"Hey," I said softly.

"Just thought I'd let you know that you were right. That orphanage, the 'Missy' we're looking for used to be here at the same time as the guys. I have a theory but-"

"Theory? Well, I think it's an orphanage for Boys and Girls. Anything can happen when no one is looking. It might be a good idea to check out the hospitals in the area and maybe go back to who used to work there and take care of the kids. It might be something they wanted to keep hush hush."

"What would we do without you?" Ressler said.

"You don't need me. I'm sure you were thinking the same thing." Although, not everyone has an anxiety ridden/past trauma brain.

"Not even close, actually. Well, we already have the list of any surviving employees. They're all in their 80s at least."

"That's a good place to start. Maybe someone will speak up...I'll, uh, see you at work one of these days. I've got a list of things I have to go do."

"Stay by your phone this time." He chuckled. It's kinda cute when he does that. 

I looked back at the recents in my phone. I was half right. Aram was a good portion of the missed calls. About 20...geez. The other...10 to be exact, were Ressler. That's a bit much. But also glad to be apart of a family; not just a team.

It sucks that I have to lie right now. I really didn't have much to do today. I took care of everything I could think of yesterday...besides unpacking. 

There is just to much running through my mind right now and I don't know if I'm ready to face it all. I got up from the bed and walked down the hall to the kitchen. I shouldn't have bought this house. It was so quick and I just wanted out of that place and away from Chris. I have no clue at all what I am doing and it frustrates the hell out of me because I should have looked more closely at the area. I was supposed to be living in a shitty apartment. But I am impulsive and that's something Chris hated so much about me. I guess it was also supposed to be a kick in the face for him. Just knowing that I'm doing bigger and better things without him, it just has to hurt him some how.

This house has two floors. I'll start with the bottom floor. Front door is in the middle of the house, you open that and you have the living room to the right and the door to the garage. To the left, you have a wall for 3ft and then stairs. The kitchen is ahead and to the left. It's very chic and has an island - as well as all of the essentials. Further to the left and passed the kitchen, we have a tiny hallway to the guest bedroom where I am staying right now until I can completely unpack everything, and a tiny bathroom to the left, before you enter the guest room.