Bubble tea and memories

They made it out of that bathroom in the end.

They had some time to spend together before the dinner with Eddy's mom and didn't want to waste it all on standing in a public bathroom. Today marked their anniversary and so the plan was to visit some nostalgic places. First stop on the list was their favourite bubble tea place. They had spend all too many afternoons there, studying and hanging out. It used to be their go-to meeting place. They hanged out there so often they even befriended the owner, and sometimes they would even get some free bubble tea. They walked in and shared a smile as they noticed that the owner was there. The owner smiled brightly at them when he looked up from his work and spotted them.

"It's been a while, huh? The usual? It's on me." He said in his cheery voice.

"Thank you, sir" Eddy said pleasantly as him and Brett took a seat at one of the small tables.

"It's my pleasure really" the owner replied, already in the process of preparing their teas. He knew their orders by heart.

"To think how many memories we have made in here" Brett said, looking around the place.

"Yeah.. it's crazy to think that 12-year old me once sat at this exact same spot worrying about tutoring. So much has changed." Eddy replied thoughtfully.

"Remember when I invited you here on valentine's day but you dumbass just wouldn't take the hint?" Brett said in a quiet voice, a wry smile upon his lips. Eddy blushed.

"It just didn't seem realistic to me that you would like me back. I didn't want to get my hopes up... or something" Eddy said carefully, thinking back. "I was insecure then, it's you that gives me confidence"

"I'm glad I do" Brett said fondly, giving Eddy's hand a quick squeeze under the table.

"Here are your teas. Bon appetit!" The owner placed two bubble teas down in front of them, bursting their little bubble of nostalgia. Eddy smiled thankfully at him.

"Thank you so much, sir"

They took their teas and decided to take a short walk, to visit another pretty nostalgic place of theirs. It was located in the park, a simple group of thick bushes that wasn't special at all to most. For them it used to be the place they would escape to when they wanted to be in their own little bubble. You know, when they didn't feel like going into toilet stalls...

"I'm glad we're moving in together soon." Eddy said as he turned to Brett, giving him a loving smile.

"Yeah. No more hiding..." Brett replied softly, quickly looking around before pressing a quick kiss to Eddy's cheek. "I have a surprise for you by the way..."

"What?" Eddy stopped in his tracks. "A surprise?"