Chapter 8

"Alright, and it's done!" Lloyd said happily, looking at something on his table.

"What's done...?" Mae asked, a bit nervous, sitting on his bed.

"Just this~!" He said, showing her what looked like a small electrical small piece of garbage.

"It looks like... an ear piece...?" The blue eyed young woman asked.

"Close. Give me your sleeve." The male said, which the female hesitantly did. "It's a way to track where you are. Pretty cool huh?" And she looked at him blankly. "What's wrong?"

"...A-Are you trying to stalk me?" The raven haired female asked.

"No. I'm trying to help you out." Lloyd explained. "If something goes wrong, like with those girls that bullied you, or with that guy that tried to abduct you again for example, I'll know where you are."

"...I still find this very creepy, but I need to get to school. So I'll leave more questions for later..." Mae said.

"I'll walk you out!" He said, walking out of his apartment, he closed and locked the door.

The young woman was looking at the small electrical object as they were walking along the brick path. "Let me guess. You were able to take out parts so the government didn't notice..."

"Yup." The young white haired male answered.

"...You would probably be a really good worker in an electrical shop, if you weren't a criminal..." she said.

"That was rude." The light green eyed male responded.

"...That wasn't the intended purpose..." Mae says.

After a few minutes Lloyd brought up a different subject. "Oh yeah. Your hair, I didn't realize you were a pigtails kinda girl." He chuckled, noting the young woman's low twin tails.

"...I thought it would take away the notice of the blue dye on my hair." She explained.

The whisper white haired male blinked once, then twice, looking down, then up again. "Oh yeah. It does."

"...What...? Do you think it looks stupid...?" The raven haired girl quietly asked.

"It's not that. I just think people may find it 'intriguing,' that's all." He explains.

"So, yes, you do find it stupid." She sighed, upset.

"No I was being serious-!" Lloyd then stopped walking. "Oh wait hey. Who is that? In front of the gate...?"

"Hm...?" Mae stopped walking and stood next to him. She raised an eyebrow, well until she realized who he was talking about. "Oh...! That's my Biology Teacher, Professor Kendricks, why?"

"Why is he giving out those bags to everyone?" He asked.

"Umm... can you take out your phone...? I want to see today's date..." Mae said. Lloyd took his phone out of his sweatpants pocket and she saw the date. "February fourteenth...! Ah...! It's Valentine's Day...! He gives bags of candy to students every Valentine's Day-" she paused "OR so I've heard." I'M AN IDIOT!

"Doesn't that seem a little weird?" Lloyd asked. "Giving out candy?"

"I don't really find it strange..." The girl replied. "But I'll think about it... I guess I'll see you later-"

"Ah, Miss Evans. Nice to see you're here." A male voice said.

Both young adults turned to see an older male who seemed to be in his mid-thirties, and had straight brown hair and dark green eyes covered by glasses.