19: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝗋𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄.

❥❥❥

𝗑𝗂𝗑. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝗋𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄.

"Says the one who denies being in love with my best friend!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Students came out of the castle, left and right, as they chatted amongst themselves, talking about what they were planning to do during the Christmas Holidays, or which country they will be visiting.

Daphne and Y/n tried their best to keep up with each other in the sea of bodies, not wanting to lose each other.

"Will you be sitting with me, Draco and Blaise on the train?" asked Daphne.

Y/n gave her a sorry look, which she took as a no. "As much as I love to, I have to go sit with Potter."

"Fucking bitch he is from stealing you from me."

"I'll try my best to escape."

"I really hope you do."

When they had stepped into the steaming, scarlet train, Daphne immediately took off, claiming that she needed to go and beat Draco's ass for hiding her favourite book from her (which took her almost an hour to find causing them to nearly be late to the train station in Hogsmeade).

"Don't have too much fun with Potter, okay?" said Daphne. "Even with silencing charms, there is still a possibility that someone could walk in on the two of you with him buried deep inside y --"

Y/n dropped the luggage she was holding and moved over to cover Daphne's mouth with both of her hands, stopping her from going any further with that -- that description of what her and Harry could and would not be doing.

"Shut up!" hissed Y/n, glancing around to see if anyone else in the part of the train they were in. "We're not doing any of that. Besides, Weasley will be there."

Daphne looked at her with a puzzled look. "Which Weasley? His best friend, or the one he's been chasing after for years, but can never be with her because he's actually hopelessly in love with you?"

"His best friend. And he's not in love with me."

"Then you should see the way he looks at you. He's so fucking in love, it hurts to see the two of you deny your feelings for each other. I've been rooting for the two of you ever since you were both born."

"But you --"

"Ever since you were both born, Y/n," said Daphne, more firmly. "I didn't wait sixteen to seventeen years for nothing."

"And you are waiting for nothing."

"You'll fall in love with him again soon. I mean you already have to be honest."

The (h/c) haired girl sighed and turned around, heading to where the Gryffindor compartments were, leaving Daphne as she laughed all by herself in the empty corridor before going the opposite direction as Y/n.

"Am I gonna have to be a third wheel now?" asked Ron as soon as Y/n came in wordlessly, watching Harry help her put her luggage up.

"Good," said Harry, grabbing Y/n's hand gently and tracing little shapes on it. "Now you know how I feel."

"You two are so lovey-dovey together to the point that I'm starting to think that this bullshit isn't even fake anymore, and that you don't actually hate each other-- like, what is this about?" He gestured towards their intertwined hands.