The cat and the full moon.

|based on an expierience i had a few moments ago|

As I walked out of the house to take the laundry into the basket my dog started barking at what I thought was air or simply nothing on top of the roof of my neighbor's house. I laughed and told my brother our dog was going crazy when in reality, I was petrified, our dog never barks at air. He barks at animals and people, but surely never air. I knew something was up. I tried looking onto the roof through the fallen, dead, branches yet I saw nothing. 

My brother and I had finished putting the socks and undergarments in the basket and I ordered my brother to take it into the house while I finished up. As I was grabbing the last of the clothes, I heard a meowing. I tried to see where it was coming from and saw a cat perched on the wooden boards that held my mother's grape vine high in the sky. I had a bad feeling, after all, the grape vine was dead from the winter storm that struck us a few weeks ago and the cat was strange.

It seemed gloomy and childish, like a token of the past coming back for me. Like it was here to haunt me, take me, kill me. It was an adorable cat to say the least, dark grey with yellow, dilated eyes that seemed to be begging me for something. I did not like it. My brother came back and I showed him the cat, he said not to call it's attention or he might get down from where he was perched and the dog might chase him and it simply would not end well. 

Once my brother left, I was tempted to go back to see the cat. I had a bad feeling about it however I could not help but smile when I saw it. I thought it was strange how he was looking at me. I left. But yet again I was tempted to go back but this time I felt my gut telling me to not get near, it was only waiting for me to be alone to take me. It was waiting for me to be alone so no one would come looking for me. 

After walking towards the cat but staying a considerable distance from him, I went back inside but not before realizing there was a full moon and wondering if the cat had anything to do with it. Once I was safe in my den, I kept thinking about the cat. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I heard my mom call me to go outside and when I got there, the dark grey kitten was between my mom's feet and I told her the events of before. She brought the cat inside and gave him shelter from the bigger cats and scary dogs. 

For days, we kept the cat in a safe haven, giving him food and shelter. One day, the day after I felt like we were neglecting it, he disappeared. Vanished, left no trace, nothing. I felt chills run down my spine, I didn't like it, because now, it had a reason to come back for me.