Part 26

Dear diary,
I felt powerful. I turned back to the blonde witch. "Please release my friend" I harshly said. Referring to Klaus. She nodded her body shaking. I turned back to the deceased harvest girl. Once again I kneeled down next to her. My legs felt the scrape of the hard cement ground. I looked down at her... numb. I had no more tears left to spare. I gently swept loose hair from her face. She skin smooth but lifeless. I couldn't feel her spirits anymore. Hopefully that meant she had found peace. I bent down kissing her forehead. "Take good care of this one, Cade" I whispered. The second harvest girl spoke "We need to bury her." "I'm sorry but I can't let you do that" I said staring at the second harvest girl. These witches used ancestral magic which means they would use this witch for who knows what. I learned this by memorizing the tombstones. Almost all of them were witches, but the majority of witches would burn their died releasing them to the atmosphere. Quickly ran my hands over the dead body. Turning her to soil, instead of ash. This way she could be given back to the earth. "No" the blonde witch screamed. "I know what you are, and I can't let you use her" I said scooping a handful of the soil in my hand as I stood up. I gave the soil a blow and it magically turned into dandelion fluff flowing in the wind. Carrying her away. Far away. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over to see the blonde witch chanting her grip growing tighter. I felt a burning sensation where her hand was. It was in a forming of an x. She had hexed me. I whipped around grabbing hold of her arm. It cracked as I bent it. I threw her back onto the concrete. She landed on her side. She winced in pain. I took a step down to reach her. I gave a hard blink. She neck snapping. Dislocating from her body. Blood splattering on my face. I smoothly wiped it from my face using my middle finger. The witches behind me gasped. I placed my hand onto my shoulder were the hex was. Syphoning the magic from it. It disappeared. I stuck my hand out in front of the blonde witch I had just killed, giving her back the magic she given me. The ball of golden magic transferred from my hand softly into her chest. The magic I had returned to her healed her body, undoing what I had done. She woke up and coughed sitting up from the ground. I turned to the rest of the witches. "If you try to hurt me or anyone I love, I wouldn't hesitate to kill you... and I won't bring you back" I calmly said stepping down from the platform a I began to make my way to the street me and Klaus stood before we were attacked.