👼Circles👼

☺Chapter - 13 ☺

❤Dedicated to sereneserica for her sweet indulgence and initiating out healthy conversations with me on my stories and characters. Appreciate it ❤

Circles

Aashna

I feel warm sand beneath my feet, shimmering under the sun, its grainy texture rubbing against my heels. It's a good summer day on which I sit on the beach sipping watermelon slushie and doing my favorite pastime, that is, observing people. After a long time I have worn my white cotton shorts paired with a yellow top. I see many girls confidently laying in the sun with just a bikini and I wonder what day I will ever feel free to be like them. Or be like my former self because I used to be that carefree. But my current state is messed up, I have stopped taking care of my own body, what with my unwaxed legs or chewed up nails that are more white than pink. It's a windy day and the summer breeze tickles my legs as it blows from the east. I can hear waves crashing against the shore and distant chatter of families spending their Sunday on the beach.

I close my eyes, laying back, keeping the glass of slush away and letting the exposed parts of my body tan. I feel like I can sleep the whole day here because somewhere in my heart, the waves of my past have settled. I was so used to that fire burning inside that now it's nice to have it extinguished.

It has been a week or half since I have been avoiding Kabir. I played with Riddhi a lot and talked to Kalpana aunty for hours. She is too kind and sweet, someone who I would have liked my mother to be. Once she was but it was strange how people changed or society changed them. There's a whole new world out of those notions of society and it's sad my parents can't get out of it all. I'm glad I did. Of course I have to fight my battles and I'm still doing but everything is on my terms and mine to call, mistakes and achievements everything.

Thinking of achievements, can quitting a job be called an achievement if that's for good? Because yesterday I quit my job as a content writer and now I want to be a creative writer for a lifetime. I have decided to get back to fiction writing and I am afraid if I hadn't come around this decision, Tushaar would have pushed me insanely to do it anyway. He's crazy but a good motivation to be around. Yash hasn't voiced his feelings before me because he thought I was already dealing with the aftermath of my final breakup so it would upset me but it was Tushaar who announced them being official and honestly I became so happy for them. At least someone's falling in love and finding their yellow umbrella, irrespective of the gender.

As far as I'm concerned, like a lamp going off, my heart has closed itself off and in a very very weird way, that's kinda liberating though I have no answers to why it's being this way and I seek no more.

"Princess!" I hear a man's voice call out and my eyes shoot open to the blue wide sky, sensing the familiarity. I keep my hand above my eyes to shade from the sun and search among the families around until I finally find them. Kabir and Riddhi get closer to the waves laughing at each other and throw balls of wet sand doing each other dirty. A smile spreads on my face on its own as I watch them building castles and then playing a war of sand balls until Kabir's castle collapses and my Rui ka gola does her victory dance. Resting the side of my body on my elbow, I chuckle at their antics. Kabir drops to his knees and Riddhi pulls his hair like a horse's reins. Her giggles ring with the air around and come to me in waves of pleasure.

"Aaahhh!" Kabir groans as if that hurt him but I know how little strength his princess has so I am sure he must be faking it for her sake. "Leave princess!" He tries to free his long wet hair from her fists but she doesn't give up.