Chapter 3

He wandered the halls. Yes, he was supposed to be getting back to the common room, but he couldn't bring himself to those stares that bore into him. Everyone was staring at him, or them, when they both stormed off, but especially on Nico since he'd gotten the brute of the argument. He sighed. He wanted to leave, to sleep, or to somehow sneak into his dorms. He wanted to be alone, away from his new 'family'.

He became more desperate the closer he'd gotten to the common room. It was coming close to midnight, and he was getting tired, but he did not want to face the wrath of Harry or Ron, since the two shared his dorm. He'd come to the conclusion that he'd sleep in some random closet, but he could find no more other than the miniature junkyard. He shuddered.

Bianca and him... the last time they'd spoken was when they fought. He'd never wanted that, never hoped that his sister would... and then a thought clicked in his head. He hadn't wanted for his last memory with his sister to be bad, but he couldn't fix that now. What he could fix, though, was his friendship with Hermione. Maybe she wouldn't want to associate him, and he personally thought her words were wrong, but he didn't want her to die as an enemy, not that she would.

He hoped she wouldn't. Not anyone, not ever. He'd never wished harm--okay, he'd never wished death--on anyone. Nor would he ever, that was just cruel.

As he thought of how he was going to confront her, he realized that he still couldn't go to the common room. They wouldn't know his motives, so it would be just the same as before. When he thought about it, he looked at all the doors and tapestries on the wall. Were any of them abandoned classrooms or closets? Did any of them have passages, or were any of them false paintings? He considered trying them out, but practically jumped away when he realized that the paintings were alive. Something he'd overlooked; there was no way any of them would let him unhinge them to look at the bare wall that was likely behind them.

He sighed. Since there was nowhere to stay... he decided to sleep on the floor. Against one of the corner walls, it was a tight passage and looked like a long room with a big doorway. That was an understatement but he was running out of choices... unless he wanted to sleep on the quidditch pitch.

That idea sounded insane in his head, but now that he thought about it...

*○•-•○*

Laying his sweater on the fairly-dry ground beneath the quidditch bleachers, he smiled in triumph. He'd found a good place to sleep, and it was quite warm, warm enough for fall in Scotland. His warm sweater was the comforter for his bed, his robes the cover, and his satchel-backpack thing was his pillow. It was good that his uniform was too big for him, being a 5'2 14-year-old boy in the wrong year, already small for his size. He was glad that he'd bought the ultra-soft backpack, but it was sad why he'd bought it. He'd expected he'd be using the ultra-soft texture and fluff for sleeping on but not so soon. Nevermind that. The place he'd chosen was under the bleachers but far away from any place a person would possibly go. The place was on bare ground but had a wooden roof--the floor--above it as the Hufflepuff's black and yellow banners covering the bleachers from the sides. It'd seemed like nobody had touched that place in years, if it was ever found. It was nothing special, just like any other part of the bleachers, probably excess space that they didn't need, which is why Nico chose it. It was the perfect place to sleep or to relax, especially during games. Theoretically speaking you could hear what was happening in the game, but it wouldn't hurt or strain your ears. You could also, maybe, peek your head through the banners to see what was going on. You'd probably need binoculars, or better yet, a monocular to see. The point was, though, it was a good place to sleep, which is why Nico planned on spending the majority of his time there. He could always shadow travel to class.