Bonds

*WARNING: Please be advised that this chapter contains mature content and strong language.*

Chapter 56
Quinn's POV

I climbed off of the bike and pulled Ezekiel into a hug.

"No sign of Negan?" he asked.

"Searched all day and night, but no sign of him," Siddiq answered.

"I keep thinkin' about what he took from us, what we didn't take from him. Alexandria deserved better."

"Hey, you've had your trouble, too," I replied.

"Actually, we could use a hand in the infirmary. Much of the Kingdom's still in recovery from the tree fall."

"We we're plannin' on leaving tomorrow," Siddiq said, "but, uh, yeah, of course. Whatever you need."

The gates opened and a crew came in with a few squirrels and rabbits. Connie rushed over and scribbled furiously on her notepad. She flipped it over.

"KELLY?"

One of the men furrowed his brow. "She's not here?"

She showed one of the other men.

"She was tracking something," he said, using hand movements. "She said she'd meet us back here. Should've been back by now."

I could see the frustration and panic on her face. I looked to Daryl.

"Why don't you and Connie go find Kelly?"

"You gonna stay here?" he asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna go back out and look for Negan as long as Ezekiel doesn't need me for anything. But you know Connie's gonna go looking, I'd rather her not be alone out there."

He hesitated, but nodded. He grabbed her notebook and wrote something to her. She smiled slightly and ran inside.

"Yo, Ezekiel!" I called.

He turned to face me.

"Kelly's missing, Daryl and Connie are gonna head out, see if they can find anything. I think I'm gonna look for another sign of Negan out there. You gonna be okay here?"

"Yeah, yeah," he replied, looking around. "With an extra hand in the infirmary we should be. You shouldn't go out alone. He is dangerous."

"I'm all about danger," I answered, shrugging my shoulders as I walked backwards towards the gate.

I turned around and the three of us stepped outside of the walls. The gates closed behind us. Connie wrote "WEST" on her notepad.

I nodded my head and pointed the direction she needed to go. "I'm gonna start this way, see what I can see. I'll be back by sundown, okay? Be safe!"

Daryl kissed me goodbye. "You, too."

___

Daryl's POV