Chapter 1

A/N: Here it is Rico and Alec's story! My hope is you love it as much as The Mechanic's Mates. I hope to post at least one chapter a week, if not more often. I am also working on edits to the first book as well as writing The Human Omega. As always thank you for all your love and support!

Rico's phone chimed to let him know he had a text message. It was from Rayn, they would be leaving for the bar, to meet up with Matt and hang out, in about an hour. He finished eating and washed the dishes quickly before hoping into the shower. By the time he finished showering and dressing it was time to go. According to Rayn they were going to The Whiskey Bowl, which was apparently a Black Star Pride hot spot. It was kind of exciting. He had only met a cat shifter once a long time ago and they had been a total piece of work in the worst way. So it was a bit of a shock to here Rayn say so much positive things, which made him more curious to meet this Alec person. As he headed for the door he grabbed his wallet and cellphone. When he got to the car Rayn and his Mates where just leaving the pack house. "Good Evening Alphas, Luna Rayn." He greeted them. "Drop the Luna title you ass." Rayn said as he rolled his eyes at him. He had long since been give permission to just call him Rayn, but it was fun to tease him. "Is Matt meeting us there?" He asked Rayn. "Yup, he had to run something to his sister, but said he should be there by the time we got there." Rayn explained as they loaded into Goddric's car.

The ride to the bar had been great until Goddric's phone rang. There was a issue with one of the new warrior trainees and he and Goddric had to deal with it so they sent the others inside before them. Once they finished they also headed inside. As they approached the group the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls wafted into his nose and his wolf became restless howling "Mate!" in his head. When he looked up to see who his wolf was whining about his breath caught. Standing there next to Rayn was a beautiful young man. He was stunning with his crystal blue eyes and Asian complexion. Rayn's face brightened at whatever the guy had said and he and Goddric were waved over quickly. "Rico this is Prince Alec of the Black Star Pride. Alec this is my best friend Rico." Rayn introduced them to each other. When he and Alec grabbed each others hands in greeting the spark of the mate bond had them both saying "Mate". He had to admit hearing Alec purring out the word was sexy as hell.

~Alec's Point of View~

Alec had been sitting in his usual spot when he seen his favorite human walk into the bar. "Rayn! Its so good to see you!" Alec called to Rayn as he approached him. Alec gave him a confused look and sniffed the air. "You smell different." He told him as he sniffed again. Alec could see it was making the guy next to Rayn irradiated. "I probably smell differently because of him." Rayn said as he pointed to the man. Alec looked over at him and smiled. "Well I'll be, you found your mate." Alec purred. "Mates actually. Goddric will be in soon. Oh speak of the devil..." Rayn started to point him out when Alec went stiff and purred out the word "Mate!" Rayn followed Alec's line of sight and gasped in surprise. Rico's face had the same shocked look as Alec's. "Well didn't see that coming." Rayn chuckled and Alec's attention snapped to him. "That's not?" "My mate, no the one next to him is. The one you are looking at is Rico. Shall I introduce you?" "Do you even need to ask?" Alec's said excitedly. Rayn just chuckled and waved over Goddric and Rico. "Rico this is Prince Alec of the Black Star Pride. Alec this is my best friend Rico." Rayn introduced them and they shook hands. Once again the word 'Mate' slipped from their lips. "It is a pleasure to meet your Rico." He purred as he looked over his mate. Rico was sexy as sin. His tanned skin showed his Hispanic descent which was perfectly complemented with his hazel eyes and jet black hair. He couldn't wait to see what his wolf looked like. However for as beautiful as his eyes were they also showed an emotion he couldn't quite put a finger on. His leopard, Yuki, was restless with the desire to claim his mate, which mirrored his own desire to have this Rico moaning his name.

"I'll leave you two to get to know each other." Rayn told us with a gentle pat on our backs. "Sounds like a plan." Rico said in his Spanish accent that sent a shiver of delight down Alec's spine. By the Goddess was that accent doing it for him. We moved over to were I had been sitting and after ordering us some beer we began to get to know each other. "So I haven't seen you around here before Rico. Where are you from and how do you know Rayn?" He asked after taking a sip from his beer. "I'm originally from the Cold River Pack out in New Mexico. However my father traveled a lot for work so we kinda floated around." Rico told him hesitantly. It was clear Rico was unsure about telling him that. He had basically said he was a rogue, but by his parents choice it would seem. "What kinda of work?" He asked hoping he didn't sound rude. "My Dad was in the military. So it was hard to really set down roots as he was always being moved around." Rico told him and now he understood why he was a rogue, well was a rogue. It seems that Rayn's pack had accepted him into it. "And as far as how I know Rayn... That's kinda... well um.. I'm not sure if he would be okay with me explaining it." Rico's answer confused, concerned and made his inner cat curious at the same time. He watches as several emotions played across his mate's face. The waves of emotions that rolled off him made Alec want to pull him into an embrace and never let go.

~ Rayn's Point of View ~

Rico and Alec had summoned him over to them a short while after he had left them to get to know each other. "Hey guys, whats up?" He asked with a smile. He noticed Rico was slightly uncomfortable and it clicked without a word why they call him over. "Oh, Alec asked how we know each other huh?" Rico nodded and Alec gave him a curious expression. Rayn linked his mates and moments later they were flanking his sides. "What's wrong Little one?" Goddric ask him concerned. "Alec wants to know how Rico and I met." Rayn said and both his mates nodded. "If your okay with it Love." Asami told him as they took a seat with Alec and Rico. It was more then clear that Alec was confused and Rico was worried. "It's will be okay Rico." Rayn said trying to reassure his friend. "So several months ago I went back to where I grew up for my mom's funeral. While there I ran into people from my past and well they..." Rayn hesitated trying to find his words. "They kidnapped him." Goddric said coldly. "Wait what? How?" Alec hissed, it was clear to Goddric, Asami and Rico that Alec cared for Rayn as much as they did. "That is a story for another time." Asami told Alec in a voice that warned the shifter not to push it. "Rico was the one that helped me when he could and ultimately lead Goddric and Asami to my rescue." He said as he smiled warmly at Rico. "If it wasn't for him I don't think things would have turn out as they did." Rayn said as he snuggled into his mates protective embrace.

~ Rico's Point of View ~

He listened as Rayn explained the hellish way they met. He watched his mate's face and as his crystal blue eyes darkened with rage and concern. When Rayn finished talking Rico looked at him with such sorrow. "I just wish I could have been able to get you help sooner." Rico's regret ran deep. Goddric gave his shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "You did what you could and we are grateful for that." Goddric told him. He nervously looked over at Alec, he could feel the cat shifters curiosity growing by the second. "Rico, you can answer any questions Alec has about our meeting." Rayn told him before looking at Alec. "Alec, how I met Rico and the things that happened were less then idea, but as it stands now I trust him with my life. As do my mates, so don't hold it against him. Rico is an amazing person." Rayn told Alec and he couldn't help feeling some what overwhelmed by his words. Rayn and his mates excused themselves so that they could continue getting to know each other.

Rico nervously sipped his beer as he waited for his mate's emotions to settle. "Well that was..." "Not what you were expecting?" Rico said finishing Alec's sentence. He watched Alec nodded, some of his silvery hair fell into his face and Rico had to suppress the urge to push it back. "Alec, I am not going to lie to you. I have done a lot of things I am not proud of and to be honest. I am not sure I am fit to be your mate." He told Alec. He really didn't think himself worthy of a mate let only a prince. Alec's responding hiss startled him slightly. "Let me be the judge of that Rico. Everyone's got skeletons in their closet and I am not so innocent myself." Alec told him and he couldn't help the small sparks of hope come to life in him. However the fear of his past still sat heavy in his mind.